Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another eye dominance question

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    One other thing to mention is stance. I'm finding that if I stand too central on the approach i can't see the angle very well, but if I'm slightly to the right of the cue ball, it's much better!
    I find that if I stand in my boxer stance position when stood up behind the shot I drop onto the right line much better. I'm very left eye dominant, cue directly under it, and standing in my boxer position gives me the same left sided view and means I step into the shot without any twist of the body or turn of the head as I get down.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

vCash

Thanks for all the replies! I doubt this debate will ever be solved but I find all the different theories fascinating.
    Since I made this post I have played under my left eye(Non dominant) and my consistency has gone way up. I'm playing much more confidently which in turn leads to a better standard.

I do have my own theory as to why this works for me and may or may not work for others.
    I believe it has to do with aiming while standing behind the shot. If I get down with my cue centre chin or under my dominant eye I feel I use the eyes too much when cueing which can cause me to push the cue off line, whereas If i play under the left eye I do all my sighting behind the ball and then when I get down to the shot I do all my cueing with my right arm. I'm finding it difficult to explain exactly what I mean but it has brought my game back to a place i'm pretty happy with at this stage so I'm planning on sticking with it and see where we go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2