Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can anyone help me? (Videos included)

vCash

Well that is much, much better. Well done.

You look like you are now completing the shot much better than you were before. That's excellent.

As Nifty50 has said, you just need to try to approach every shot in exactly the same way. Have a look at my video on the pre-shot-routine here: https://youtu.be/_JpwKrzVcL4

For now you are doing very well though. Remember that cueing staright is a lot harder than you would think. People take years to perfect controlling the cue absolutely perfectly. We all wish it was was easy as knowing what to do, and then it immediately working on the table, but these things take time.

The more you practice, the more refined everything will be. From the feathers, to the pull back, to the smooth delivery. It all just becomes better and better.

But as I say, from where you were, you've done well in implementing the things that were pointed out to you. Keep practicing and well done.
    Qualified WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Doykman's Country Flag

vCash

Thanks for the input everyone. I realise that in my latest videos I wasn't exactly standing and surveying the shot and then walking into it. I was getting down with no walk in. So I'll try and focus on that.

Glad to hear you think my technique is improving tedisbill. I've been trying to keep as still as possible, holding the cue lightly, and having a pause at the end of the backswing.

I realise these changes will take time to hone and it's just a matter of practice so it's probably a bit early to beat myself up but glad I'm on a better path

This is Mark187187's Country Flag

vCash

As above, these things take time. I played once a week since I was a teenager for a couple of hours. Took a long time to get any better. Last 3 or 4 years I play with a friend twice a week and practice for a few hours inbetween. Probably got better in the last few years than the 20 years before combined. It takes time, and also regular play for the game to become second nature. If you can't get on the table, you can practice straight cueing at home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3