Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need some help [Video Included]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1000

    Default Need some help [Video Included]

    I'm quite inconsistent when it comes to snooker. Some day i can make 20's or 30's break , but most days I struggle to make them ( My highest ever was 49, and i think it was just by luck)

    I dont know if it is my grip or my delivery or anything else. I've taken some videos of myself playing some blues and would be grateful for any advice or tips anyone has.

    Video 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZt3lPjt6_o

    Video 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqx7bjf_cwQ

    Video 3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF_UVuc6kps

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2017

    Posts
    99
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    No expert here - but you have lots of shoulder movements when you feather and strike.

    Pull your shoulder back (cue arm) when getting down on the shot - kind of locks it in place and lets the elbow do the work.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
    No expert here - but you have lots of shoulder movements when you feather and strike.

    Pull your shoulder back (cue arm) when getting down on the shot - kind of locks it in place and lets the elbow do the work.
    If i pull my shoulder back i will avoid this shoulder movements ? Thanks for your advice , did you notice anything else ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2017

    Posts
    99
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    For the shoulder - I got this idea from Joe Davis's book and it helped me immensely. He says to reach forward with your bridge arm until it is straight - and then reach some more...for the cue arm - pull your shoulder back, and then as long is your elbow is straight - you should feel a line of tension (not uncomfortable tension) within your upper body - which then releases tension from your elbow and hand. It will feel awkward but see how you cue. Try to setup over the baulk line and then play the cue ball over the blue pink spots over and over again until you can consistently bring the cue ball back in a straight line ( use centre ball striking, then try with run thru and screw for the same result). This will help you cue straight atleast.

    Also, try to build a rhythm in your cue action. feather to imitate what should you are going to play. imagine it going in, and then have a slight pause prior to striking the cue ball. I would recommend a slight pause with the tip at the cue ball and then at the backswing..this helps with acceleration and timing and stops you from jabbing at the cue ball.

    Now - trying all of these things will throw you off so i recommend trying to build one thing at a time into your game otherwise you could be lost easily.

    Non expert advice

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

    Posts
    776
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Youre simply just not delivering where youre aiming. Need to practice up and down middle spots religiously, ensure that you can cue near center ball consistently at stun pace. I would also shorten your bridge a little bit or not pull the cue as far back if you intend you keep that length.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
    For the shoulder - I got this idea from Joe Davis's book and it helped me immensely. He says to reach forward with your bridge arm until it is straight - and then reach some more...for the cue arm - pull your shoulder back, and then as long is your elbow is straight - you should feel a line of tension (not uncomfortable tension) within your upper body - which then releases tension from your elbow and hand. It will feel awkward but see how you cue. Try to setup over the baulk line and then play the cue ball over the blue pink spots over and over again until you can consistently bring the cue ball back in a straight line ( use centre ball striking, then try with run thru and screw for the same result). This will help you cue straight atleast.

    Also, try to build a rhythm in your cue action. feather to imitate what should you are going to play. imagine it going in, and then have a slight pause prior to striking the cue ball. I would recommend a slight pause with the tip at the cue ball and then at the backswing..this helps with acceleration and timing and stops you from jabbing at the cue ball.

    Now - trying all of these things will throw you off so i recommend trying to build one thing at a time into your game otherwise you could be lost easily.

    Non expert advice
    Thank you for your advice , i will try to apply them as soon as possible

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Youre simply just not delivering where youre aiming. Need to practice up and down middle spots religiously, ensure that you can cue near center ball consistently at stun pace. I would also shorten your bridge a little bit or not pull the cue as far back if you intend you keep that length.
    very grateful for your advice , thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •