Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why the Resurgence in 1 piece Cues?

This is narl's Country Flag

vCash

Default Why the Resurgence in 1 piece Cues?

Seems a lot of the top 32 these days are now using 1 piece cues instead of the 3/4 that was very popular during the late 90's up until around the mid 2000's. 3/4 was popular mainly for portability and preferred over a traditional centre split as the shaft didn't have a brass joint in your eyeline (

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

Could it be something to do with airline rules on carrying on the cue which was previously allowed, but now all cues need to be checked in...therefore

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is lennon11's Country Flag

vCash

At pro level it must be about the feel. At amateur level, people copy the pros, plus people tend to have bigger cars nowadays, so no issue with travel

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Ronnie's got one, simple as that.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

This is narl's Country Flag

vCash

vCash

My 3/4 Maximus was good - but I had the itch to try a one piece a while back. It took a while for me to get use to the "feel" of a 1pc...bu

This is Mark187187's Country Flag

vCash

Some cue makers like MW say they are better. Something about the feel/feedback. Tbh, I've used lots of cues, 2 piece, 1 piece and 3/4, with brass and

This is Steve748's Country Flag

vCash

MW had made me a two piece pool cue and the joint is so good I can hardly see it. I can't feel any difference in the way it plays from my 3/4 which is

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

A friend has a one piece all ash cue, no butt splices at all; and I must say it plays differently from a butt-spliced cue - on the positive side
    Up the TSF!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast