Thread: Lacquer peeling

vCash

Default Lacquer peeling

Hi all, is it true that when the Lacquer on a cue starts to come off that there is very little that you can do to stop it ????. The reason i ask is that i have a small area on my cue where this has happened, and as the cue is only a few weeks old i don't want to do anything drastic, also how far up

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is Mark187187's Country Flag

vCash

Didn't you also have an issue with the ferrule? If its a new cue, send it back.

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is trying's Country Flag

vCash

Dare we ask what the cue is?

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

It is an ADR147 1 piece cue, it's a lovely cue, just a couple of minor issues, like i said its is just a small bit of lacquer that has come away, like

This is Shockerz's Country Flag

vCash

vCash

took a couple of pictures to show what i mean. cue was purchased on 21/2/19.

Last edited by Carpy2009; 3rd April 2019 at 02:12 PM.

This is ADR147's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

it is not lacquer it will be sanding sealer - you could in theory go over it with fine sandpaper and oil it but for that mark I would not bother, cues

vCash

Thanks Andy, that puts my mind at ease, as this is my first decent cue i was not sure, only had lacquered cues before this, just did not fancy it lift

This is ADR147's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Yes you could do that or rub it with wax and buff but honestly if you start worrying about stuff like that you will be doing something to the cue ever