Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glove

vCash

Default Glove

Has anyone tried wearing one? I 'suffer' from sweaty hands occasionally when I'm playing and its putting me off.

This is Cue crafty's Country Flag

vCash

I'd prefer a Jamie Lannister hand to a glove.
    No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

vCash

Com'n, little finger deserves a break !

This is Mark187187's Country Flag

vCash

My club was being renovated a few years back, so I had to use a different and very hot club for a few months. Very sweaty. I used a glove for a few sessions, and it worked as expected, stopped the cue sticking on my bridge hand. I used a fingerless one as I didn't want my hand slipping on the cloth. I used a molinari one which I got from pro9 website. It wasn't particularly cheap, but the one's for 2 on amazon had bad reviews.

As long as you don't mind looking like Michael Jackson, its a very simple and effective solution to sticky hands. I didn't get any grief. But the other members were hardly society's creme de la creme, so it wouldn't have bothered me if they had.

This is narl's Country Flag

vCash

Dunno why a glove is frowned upon by some, you have these other tools putting chalk all over their bridge area and playing ffs.

vCash

Hmmm, I might invest in one then. Better to look like a pillock than play like one!

This is narl's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Steven G View Post
    Hmmm, I might invest in one then. Better to look like a pillock than play like one!
    They're handy to have in the summer months, hear plenty of people saying their cue is sticking on the bridge. I ordered one yesterday and should be here tomorrow

This is Nifty50's Country Flag

vCash

Steven G. If a glove works for you then go for it. There's a few pros use them and a couple of my mates use them. If you have unusually sweaty hands then trying to play good snooker is hard. You end up continually washing and drying your hands which detracts from you being able to properly concentrate on playing your match.

This is tony9ball68's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Gloves can help and are popular in American pool. I used 1 once when my hands were too sticky, but I didn't get on with it as I could not feel the shot the same. However definitely worth a try. I tend to dampen one corner of cue towel nowadays and wipe cue/hand when necessary
    I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

This is Shockerz's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Steven G View Post
    Only if you go first lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast