Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How do you pick your angles!!! - bad memory

vCash

well my coach put a liittle mat in front of the ball witch hat a dot in front of the ball, and had me just aim at the dot from all 1/4 1.2 ball so on. Was strange as i was just concentrating on the dot, as to explaining how you aim blunose not 100% has only 1 lesson on it and after practise today had given up but yeah 1/4 = a quarter of the white making contact with the object ball other 3/4 would be free, At least thats what I think so far

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    good man... I've played for years and not to a bad standard but I go through phases where I'll miss certain balls, I usually just play the same shot 50 times until I nail it. I had an issue with pinks to the right middle, just played the shot again and again in practice until it felt unmissable.
    Jeez I thought it was just me that goes through that, sometimes I just can't pick a certain shot.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

This is guernseygooner's Country Flag

vCash

Anyone can spot the angle. Sending the CB there is what takes thousands of hours.

This is tomwalker147's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Jeez I thought it was just me that goes through that, sometimes I just can't pick a certain shot.
    not just you mate! I'm trying to get sharp for the new season in a couple of weeks and it genuinely feels like i've never played before, my cue feels alien in my hands haha
    "just tap it in"

This is throtts's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Are these the shots you miss thick?. I can remember myself hitting certain shots thick and missing the pot, normally these shots were just more than half table length.

The fact of the matter is, there are more pots that require potting that are different to 1/4 , 1/2 and 3/4. Specially on my table anyway. The black corner pockets are tight, you have to respect them all the time and no twitching is allowed. if you do then its end of break.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    Are these the shots you miss thick?. I can remember myself hitting certain shots thick and missing the pot, normally these shots were just more than half table length.

The fact of the matter is, there are more pots that require potting that are different to 1/4 , 1/2 and 3/4. Specially on my table anyway. The black corner pockets are tight, you have to respect them all the time and no twitching is allowed. if you do then its end of break.
    It can vary Throtts, I will play a shot, hit where I want and can be a few inches out over a distance. Then set it back up and keep picking the wrong line until eventually I force myself to pick what looks like the wrong line, pot it, and surprise myself lol.
    I will add I hate cueing well but missing due to picking the wrong line, it feels like something that I shouldn't be doing now.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

This is sharkster63's Country Flag

vCash

I would say that you should practice making as many blacks of the spot as possible, do not get discouraged it will come, soon you will be making 10, 20 and 30 consecutive blacks. Just remember its not easy, you need to work at it. Cheers
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

vCash

live interview with Stephen Hendry.....
    click the link below to watch....

https://www.facebook.com/curt.dagene...3561718010381/

vCash

Checking the forum + put hours in, simple as that.

vCash

Some players have a good eye for angles (a natural angle recognition).
    soon as they look at the shot, they just see it.

As for others, best way is taking the first impression of your brain. imo.
    Once you standing behind the shot, your brain will tell you what angle is the right one.
    Do'nt doubt. take it.
    The first impression of your brain is usually the right one.

Thr are also many vids from diff coaches ( likes Nic Barrow )on youtube regarding this matter .
    Last edited by Ramon; 1st September 2017 at 09:16 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast