Anthony Hamilton's cue is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Hamilton's cue is broken

Just read that Anthony Hamilton's cue broke due to poor handling of his baggage at the airport (whether in London or Gibraltar).
    He used this cue for 34 years as a pro.

Very bad news for him.

Hamilton.jpg

What the hell's the matter with these people, it really should be classed as hand luggage and a rack provided somewhere, sue them for everything you can get Tony.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

being discussed on twitter since yesterday, it appears Anthony did have it in a "Ski-tube" which appears to not have been greatly damaged but the case cue and extension - well, as you can see.

34 years (supposedly) Anthony has had this cue.
      I wonder if he has been trying out any others and may have another at home?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Gutted for him ……….my favourite player . That's a disgrace if it was in a ski case .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Anthony has withdrawn from the event, Woollaston walksover to next round

Anthony must be devastated.

Comment

Ah , that's no good . He should have at least tried to borrow a cue .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Gosh. This is nightmarish... :hopelessness:
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

look how that extension has even bent, wow, didn't even know that was possible.
                If that would happen to my JPU...man i'd be heart broken.

I have travelled with it, on eurostar, luckily they always let me carry it as hand luggage, even though by strict rules it is too large.

Comment

Ali Carter has mentioned to Anthony to take it to John Parris to see if it can be fixed. His own cue was fixed some years ago and still going strong.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Ali Carter has mentioned to Anthony to take it to John Parris to see if it can be fixed. His own cue was fixed some years ago and still going strong.
                    Be amazing if it could be fixed given where the break is. If it’s a case of putting a new shaft on then I doubt if the cue would play the same but maybe Anthony would be happy with that. Did Hendry’s cue not have a break in the same position? I think he attempted to get it repaired but it was never the same.
                    Fingers crossed for Anthony. He doesn’t deserve this bit of bad luck.

Comment

Hendry's break was much nearer the butt. The shaft was salvaged and a new butt at 14 inches made, but it threw the balance off too much for him. Hamiltons cue is a lost cause I think, although I think I read somewhere that he got a new Tyrone cue a couple of years ago? So maybe he still has his long term cue? I could be wrong about that though, can't find any info online

Comment

That's no accident.
                        Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X