Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop

Ok I put this is another thread but briefly.

I think a shop should be installed. For each post you get a set amount of points (say 3 for a post, 5 for a thread) you can also put all of this into a bank to stop others seeing your points total. A lottery can be held once a week in which everybody donates 25 points and one person is generated at random.

Points can be used to buy custom titles or a change of username etc. These would be high prizes (5000 or 10,000) so that it takes a while to get there.

Points can be obtained by getting a high score on a game or winning a prediction round or quiz. Battles can be had between members with snooker questions, the winner gets some of the other members money. Hopefully this would get people more active on the forums

You can also donate points to people if you feel they have contributed to the forum well.

Points can also be used to purchase snooker videos (which can be uploaded on the site but need a certain amount of points or posts to view). Also gifts to people which will be shown under their name. Also maybe a set amount of points can be given to a member on their birthday, or after a certain amount of referrals?

An example of a vbulletin forum that uses this is www.gfx-plus.com (my site ) I don't know how easy it is to install so if you need any help contact the administrator on there called .shadows he will be sure to help.
    You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

There is an add-on called vbPlaza

It is the premium of all point systems - I will get this installed as well as the chat system before the start of the Prediction Contest.

This way, everyone can start at ground level point-wise before we get into the Prediction Contest.

I will keep everyone posted as things develop.

Comment

How did this go Curtis?
      Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by Obligation
        How did this go Curtis?
        Some of Mitsuko's suggestions were up and running briefly, a few of us had some reservations and Curtis disabled it, see this thread:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/showthread-t_1412.html

The gist seemed to be rewarding post / thread counts in flashy ways, I and a couple of others felt that might have an impact on quality. Still, the idea isn't necessarily dead I don't think.

On another note - I'd forgotten about this but it might be relevant to this snookmakers stuff - Our old points system that Snooker called tsfPoints used to allow betting, although it did have a few issues. I don't know if there's anything left of that installed on the forum worth resurrecting. Maybe not, it was a couple of upgrades ago.

Comment

Working...
        X