Moderation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation?

What's with the moderation block on my posts?

Replied to Nrage and my post isn't allowed for some reason.

I use a cue to put food on the table. If you don't want my posts, that's cool with me.

Have fun and keep practising.

Originally Posted by Slippy Shaft View Post
    ....I use a cue to put food on the table....
    Expect there's a good reason
    you famous then ??

Comment

I use a cue to put food on the table. If you don't want my posts, that's cool with me.

Someone here once mentioned that new members have fairly stringent automatic moderation applied to them .. which would mean a computer program has decided to moderate your post, and as we all know computers aren't the best judge in all cases. I believe Ferret reviews the posts moderated this way and releases them if they're ok. The rest of us who have been here longer may have some automatic moderation, but it's probably just a swear word filter at that point.
      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
      - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Expect there's a good reason
        you famous then ??
        Nah, I chuck it like a spear at pigeons and rabbits.

Occasionally I'll clunk a cow with my mini butt if I'm really hungry.

See ya around guys.
        Be good.

Comment

1 hour ago your moderated post was made, it is going to take alot longer than on hour for a mod to see your post, read it and approve it.

Posting the same reply 3 times has not helped either as the system has now marked you as a spammer so it will track you for more negative key words than a normal new member.

Moderation for new members is vital, here are todays statistics;

New registrations denied - 78
          Moderated spam posts - 33
          Spammers banned - 8

And this is a quiet day, if it was not for the automated moderation the forum would be full of spam which is a rare occurrence these days because of the automation.

Comment

Lol
            Selby ????? :snooker:

Comment

Can't be Mark Selby as he would be hard put to find a cow to clunk in Leicester as I used to live there and never saw any, and I was outside of town a bit in Glenfield.

But then maybe he's talking about another kind of cow?

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Mark, nearly every post I make has a moderation message, so I end up not posting most of the time. It's just the craziest thing I've ever seen on a forum. Will see you on Tuesday matey all being well.

Comment

Originally Posted by firefrets View Post
                  Mark, nearly every post I make has a moderation message, so I end up not posting most of the time. It's just the craziest thing I've ever seen on a forum. Will see you on Tuesday matey all being well.
                  Your problem comes form all of the posts you have deleted and the fact that you have at some point used the same account on the same computer as Slippy Shaft, the software thinks you and Slippy Shaft are one and the same because of this. Once your post counts go up you will see less moderation.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                    Your problem comes form all of the posts you have deleted and the fact that you have at some point used the same account on the same computer as Slippy Shaft, the software thinks you and Slippy Shaft are one and the same because of this. Once your post counts go up you will see less moderation.
                    We are best mates Ferret.
                    Nothing sinister lol. Also I deleted the other posts as they came across all wrong. Kind of keeping the peace so to speak.

Comment

Nah, I chuck it like a spear at pigeons and rabbits.

Occasionally I'll clunk a cow with my mini butt if I'm really hungry.

See ya around guys.
                      Be good.
                      Later man. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X