This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i avoid twitter feeds ?

Hi ferret, seeing as you closed the thread you opened i am unable to reply.
    I only ever use the "New Posts" button to see whats going on, and these tweets cannot be ignored in this section ?
    So question is, is there a better way for me to view all the new posts without having to read the tweets ???????????

ya gonna get banned, the answer to everything around here eh.

Dissapointing to say the least with fezza, You should take more on board fezza, instead of this my way or the highway attitide bud.

Comment

Go here -http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/member.php/3742-MySockPuppet

And select ignore user

Comment

Sounds good ferret BUT "Sorry MySockPuppet is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her"
        Any other way ??

Comment

They still appear though, but just can't read them...

Thing is bud, lot's of members press 'new posts' and the board was 2 pages full of these silly tweets.

And you can't see the problem with it, i'm baffled i really am... if i filled the boards with rubbish like that no doubt i'd be banned.

at the least, can't they get 'modded' before being put on the forum so it's not silly ridiculous things being tweeted all the time??????

Can't be just john and i annoyed by this surely guy's... ???????????
          Last edited by cally; 12 July 2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

They annoy me as well. I typically only use the "New Posts" page.
            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
              They annoy me as well. I typically only use the "New Posts" page.
              Anyone for anymore, come on guy;s if they annoy you too, SPEAK UP...

Comment

+1 I always use the whats new tab as well

Comment

Cally posts like this below do not help especially as I have not yet replied to your previous post
                  Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  Anyone for anymore, come on guy;s if they annoy you too, SPEAK UP...

I am working on a way round this but it will take a few hours, next tim someone has a problem maybe you should think about explaining it properly just saying that posts are annoying does not help to resolve the problem.

The whats new section which I was unaware existed until an hour ago works by picking up all new post through out the forum, I am going to write a Regular expression and hard wire it into the whats new button to avoid the twitter section.

Comment

Thankyou

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                      Cally posts like this below do not help especially as I have not yet replied to your previous post

I am working on a way round this but it will take a few hours, next tim someone has a problem maybe you should think about explaining it properly just saying that posts are annoying does not help to resolve the problem.

The whats new section which I was unaware existed until an hour ago works by picking up all new post through out the forum, I am going to write a Regular expression and hard wire it into the whats new button to avoid the twitter section.
                      Thankyou...

Comment

Ferret:

Thanks as I added a comment reply to sockpuppet on the vasectomy post/string and asked if we could get these tweets off as they are a bit off-putting.

So thanks for taking care of it

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

For the regular viewers of the twitter section I have sent you a email on how to access it with the password required. It should now be gone form the Whats New section

Comment

Working...
                          X