Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPhone TSF app?

There really should be one!!!

There is, just waiting on Apple to approve it, this is also a android app which is available from the android store and it is £FREE

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
      There is, just waiting on Apple to approve it, this is also a android app which is available from the android store and it is £FREE
      Happy days
      how long does it take apple to approve it?

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, I don't have an I-anything, or an android based device, but I'm curious as to what this sort of application actually does, apart from point to the site like any other favourite or bookmark. Exactly how does it enhance the experience of using the site?

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Let me explain where we are with this.

I purchased the official vBulletin app at $199 over 10 months ago and was extremely unhappy with all the bugs it has, lack of a update to support the iPad and the lack of customisation which a end user can do to the app.

So I then purchased a 3rd party app which had everything working and looked great but at $500, so I submitted that one to Apple and it got declined over some multi template rule they have, so I have been talking with Apple and the software vendors for a solution and just as I found one the people who make the app disappear off the face of the earth.

So at this point all we are left with is the crappy vBulletin official app which has made some progress since I purchased it but not a enough for me to call it a kick ass app for the site.

I would rather have a half working app than nothing so I will make a few graphic changes to the app this week and submit it for approval on Thursday. It should not take that long for approval.

I have also this week purchased a Facebook app which will be embedded into our Facebook page and will allow you to view and post on the forum right from Facebook. This will not be launch for another week yet as I have to configure the site to run on SSL first and that is proving tricks because of the way the site runs over multiple servers.

When somebody posts from the Facebook app, iPhone app or Androis app it will say ,from which device each post came, note that this currently does not work for the Android app as I have not submitted the update to the Android marketplace yet but again will do this by next weekend.

All of the apps will remain FREE but may contain adverts, but I will also launch a paid app first for ios which will not contain adverts and will be just £1
          Last edited by ferret; 29 January 2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

got it on my android phone but its not compatable with my andriod tablet which is a bit of a shame

Comment

Originally Posted by best break 1 View Post
              got it on my android phone but its not compatable with my andriod tablet which is a bit of a shame
              I have a update waiting to be put up in the Android Market but want to do it at the same time as the ios app and this should sort that out.

Currently there is no iPad version of the app, although you can run it on a iPad it is the size of a iPhone app but I am hoping within the next few months vBulletin will update the app and include a iPad version.

Comment

I keep getting fatal errors when scrolling on my HTC. Just force closes the app....
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

So ferret when do you think the app will be up and on the apple app store?
                  Matt

Comment

Originally Posted by davisskeggsm View Post
                    So ferret when do you think the app will be up and on the apple app store?
                    Matt
                    2 to 3 week

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                    I keep getting fatal errors when scrolling on my HTC. Just force closes the app....
                    The next update should sort that out but you could try deleting the app, doing a memory clean up and re-installing it.

Comment

The TSF iPhone app has now been submitted to Apple so just got to wait for them to ok it and it will be available to download form The App Store, I will post again when it has been approved.

Comment

New version of the Android app is now on the Android market place.

Bug fix for unexpected crashes and when you post from your mobile it will put a link at the bottom of your post saying that you have posted from a Android device in a similar way at the bottom of this post it says posted from the Facebook App

Comment

I'll delete and re-install now and report back.

Comment

Managed to post one via the app, went into another longer thread and scrolled and got the 'aplication stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' message again...force close.. :/

Comment

You could try a reset on your phone by turning it off and back on again, I will check the error log on the Android app store and see what is causing the error.

I looked at the error consol this morning and there have only been 23 crashes over 500,000 uses so not too many problems, I have not even tested the new version yet but will do this evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X