Forum section for chatting with the Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum section for chatting with the Pros

All of us on TSF have a lot of knowledge, skill and understanding of the game. In some cases, more so than the pros that we watch. It would be great if we had a way to send feedback to the Pros - how they played, tips, suggestions, etc. Of course, they all have coaches, but nothing beats feedback from fans, and other snooker players. Right now, we don't have a venue to do this - apart from having someone in contact with some of the pros on an individual basis.

How about starting a Forum section called "Chatting with Pros" or "Talking to the Pros" and then in that forum, a sub-section or set of threads for each pro we all follow. I'm sure some of the pros know about TSF and probably watch threads already.

A side benefit is that Pros may actually get involved in an official capacity and start chatting with some of the members here for ideas/feedback/cue sales/etc.

Maybe have this section of the forum be limited to members with 100 posts or more? I'm willing to volunteer as a moderator if need be.

Thanks Kevin for making TSF such a great place to hang out.
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

The pro's are on here and the ones who do interact choose to keep their identities secret apart from a few, you would be surprised if you knew some of the members identities who you chat and interact with everyday on here.

Comment

tbh, if I was a pro the absolute last place on earth I would want to post is a subforum dedicated to amateur critiques of my game.

Comment

Originally Posted by merlin1234 View Post
        tbh, if I was a pro the absolute last place on earth I would want to post is a subforum dedicated to amateur critiques of my game.
        Valid point for sure. I guess if some of the pro's do read up here and even interact, they probably keep their identity hidden on purpose so they don't get a hailstorm of PM's.
        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by merlin1234 View Post
          +1 ................

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
            The pro's are on here and the ones who do interact choose to keep their identities secret apart from a few, you would be surprised if you knew some of the members identities who you chat and interact with everyday on here.
            did we not work out that almost every top player, ref and cuemaker are members?
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yeah did make a list a few years back but not updated it since, I do know that it would be easier to figure out who is not on here than who is

I think pretty much you can say if a player has a Facebook or Twitter account then they are on here.

The original social network

Comment

They must be curious to see how the fans view them and the way they playing.

Comment

There was some comments put on here a while back about ronnie and when he was interviewed on TV he said something that made me feel that he had been reading a thread on the forum or had a least been told of it.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                    There was some comments put on here a while back about ronnie and when he was interviewed on TV he said something that made me feel that he had been reading a thread on the forum or had a least been told of it.
                    Yep, it vaguely remember that, also many of the commentators on the different channels/streams must also be on here as they frequently come up with comments that seem to start on here
                    The only pro I know of openly on here is Stuart Bingham (ballrun), who are the others that are openly on here?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

being told how badly a player played in his last match and where he went wrong isn't something he would want to hear from a novice, and if he won then there wouldn't be any "recommendations" to give.

If he won then he wouldnt need any

Comment

+1 Smiffie...... I totally agree!!
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                        X