Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvement Suggestions

Hi Everybody,

I am planning on making a few changes to WorldSnookerForums, and would like a few suggestions on what you would like to see appear on the website.

Are people happy that this is a snooker only forum, or do we feel that we should offer forums about pool and billiards, obviously we would need to change the domain name for this.

Also are there any other features that people would like to see appear within the forums, such as games, gambling etc.

The layout of the site, do you think the layout should be changed at all?

Any feedback that you may have, please pass on, i will try to implement most things but lets chat about them here first.

Thanks

I think the Off Topic area is good for that, if not just add a couple more forums aimed directly at Pool, Billiards etc.. Maybe even a birthday forum

Maybe a Social forum, General Chat etc.. I know on another forum I use they have one for organising meets etc.. Could be good

DeeJ
    I'm not against women.... Just not against them often enough...

Comment

I don't think a domain name change is neccessary. I feel that if you change it, the snooker side of the forum could fade into obscurity. It's fine to have a category set aside for pool and other pocket billiards, but how would you feel being the administrator if your hard work became a 9ball forum?

I think the format of the site is great, it's not hard to follow a thread and it's easy to navigate around the entire site. What you need to impliment now is a snooker theme to the site, So you know as soon as you look at the site you know it's about snooker.
      I did a brief search on gifs and jpgs that were snooker related for site building, but sadly there was very little of anything very good. You may need to grab your camera and get your own stuff.
      What type of gambling did you have in mind? Not that I gamble, but I don't see how it would be benificial to the site.
      May I suggest that, rather than try and impliment everything we come up with, vote on the changes that seem to be questionable or opposed by some? If you impliment everything...the place would be a mess.

Comment

Yeah I agree, Dont change the domain mate, its purely aimed at Snooker

If we just add extra functionality for users to discuss other topics like Pool, Billiards etc I think that wing it for us
        I'm not against women.... Just not against them often enough...

Comment

Good, im pleased that you dont want to change the domain name.

I will re organise the forum categories this week sometime, and include the others that you have mentioned above.

Snazy the i had the idea of gambling, where i was going to implement a points system, where you can gamble points on certain snooker matches. There will be a store where you can spend your points to get better features. There will be no real money involved. This is far away, i think the first thing i need to concentrate on is the theme.

Comment

Cool, that sounds like a pretty good idea when the site has the numbers. I like it.

Comment

The idea of bringing in people with interests in pool/billiards is good, at the end of the day, we all like potting balls It should help build a bigger community.

Snap

Comment

I don't see why the domain name needs to change if you want pool and billiards sections.

One thing I do think is required is a place to whore - where it's legal to post one word replies and get that post count up! It will make the place seem more inviting to new folk if they don't come across a load of empty topics.

Comment

Thas something that Dave will have to consider. I think we're doing ok for the short time that the site has been up and running.
                  As you can see by my post count,......that i talk too much? LOL, i've been trying to keep people talking and keep them interested. I'm not usually so vocal but I believe that worldsnookerforums can be the best and i want to see it take off.
                  Just keep talking, we'll get there. Regardless of the topic.
                  Got an opinion on anything? Post it!

Comment

I'd increase the number of 'recent topics' on the front page. I think you'll find people won't go searching through forums, so if you have a busy day some of the topics won't get the exposure they deserve. I'd bump it up to 15 or 20.

Comment

I don't like having to write a post of minimum characters - it takes the fun and speed out of saying something like "I agree" or "Templeton Peck has it" which as well as adding your opinion to a thread, cuts the crap and gets that all important post count up.

Comment

Oh please, get rid of the rotating topic thing it is HORRENDOUS.

Comment

Whats wrong with it?

Comment

You mean the scrolling posts on the Home page?
                            My suggestion for that is to have it as a list that we can scroll through ourselves rather than it zooming across the screen.
                            I'm not real fussed on excessive movement on pages.

Comment

Just read the plans for the future, sounds good.

Have to agree about the scrolling thing though, would be better as a nice long list in the centre of the page rather than scrolling and squashed to the side.

Comment

Working...
                              X