I find this very hard to believe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find this very hard to believe....

Most users ever online was 38, 29th October 2004 at 04:38.

Yes I was shocked at that when I saw it. It does account for members and visitors online at the same time. But its most likely to be the search engine robots, as I think it was around that time I submitted the site to the search engines.

Comment

Originally Posted by Administrator
      Yes I was shocked at that when I saw it. It does account for members and visitors online at the same time. But its most likely to be the search engine robots, as I think it was around that time I submitted the site to the search engines.
      Don't underestimate yourself. It doesn't take long for news to get around and the forum is linked into from big snooker sites (not mentioning any names of course!!)

It was not unusual on the old GreenBaize for to see up to 60-70 viewers on the site at any one time, particularly during major events.
      Janie Watkins
      On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
      All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Yeah, but I don't ever recall Green Baize buzzing at 4 O'clock in the morning.

Comment

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck
          Yeah, but I don't ever recall Green Baize buzzing at 4 O'clock in the morning.
          4am is way past your bedtime Temp Pecs!!
          But it is the middle of the day for the Aussies and although they've got some of their own ausie specific forums I'm sure many of them enjoy the World wide perspective of this forum or the old GB etc

but I would have to concede that UK night time does seem to be when all those nocturnal "bots" start flitting all over the net... but would they count as a guest - the search bots are a minimal time visit, they don't even show up on the visit stats for GSC for instance.
          Janie Watkins
          On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
          All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Well the record has been smashed now.. at 5:08 this morning there was 93 people on this site.. How good is that ???

Spread the Word, WSF is rising
            I'm not against women.... Just not against them often enough...

Comment

I know I should be possitive, but I very much doubt that we had that many visitors, if that many people were coming to the site we would have more members. I think the search engine robots must do their rounds at that time.

Comment

This is quite silly now! Nearly the end of the second biggest tournament of the season and the average is about 2 posts a day total! Some serious advertising is called for.

Comment

I know, its getting a bit slow, we need more members urgently. we are going up the rankings in google quite fast if you search for snooker forums, we're now on the second page. I have thought about advertising in the snooker magazines but its just too expensive! It would be nice if the BBC could mention us live

Comment

Just how much is it exactly to advertise?

I'd like to do more, but snooker just doesn't have that big a following in Australia. I've told plenty of people, but they're just not real fussed.

Comment

I am thankfull for anything you do to promote WSF. It costs about £100 to £1500 to advertise in the cuesports or snookerscene magazines.

I think we just need to give it time, i'm sure that we will grow further.

Comment

1500 pounds?!?!?! (sorry, but i never use the pound symbol, so i don't know how to type it) Thats highway robbery!!
                        Maybe people going to a televised match should take some banners with them. OR!!! get someone to streak at a televised match with the WSF logo all over their body

I'll finally be joing a competition early in the new year, i'll be sure to get the site up on their notice boards.

Comment

I agree, the site needs more users and posts, i just read them most of the time, and i should reply more often!!! I'm all posted out though, i'm a member on hundreds of sites, and not just snooker ones, it's finding the time to post!!! I'm sure it'll get busier soon, i'll spread the news around
                          What's that coming over the hill...

Comment

i will streak around sheffield when i go in april

then again perhaps not

yes i am a few forums it takes ages posting in them all

Comment

Working...
                            X