X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSF is a Snooker Forum isnt it?

I joined because I think snooker is a fantastic
    game and I wanted to improve my game some
    and also see what was new in the world of snooker.

I certainly dont always agree with what is said or
    believe everything I read here but I try to be
    civilized in my comments.

I do however take exception when someone uses
    insulting, name-calling or outright attacks another
    member as that I believe is unacceptable. When
    it is repeatedly done then that is bullying and
    not ok.

I dont expect everyone to agree with me and thats
    ok but why cant this forum become better by being
    about snooker and stop the member attacking?

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
    I joined because I think snooker is a fantastic
    game and I wanted to improve my game some
    and also see what was new in the world of snooker.

I certainly dont always agree with what is said or
    believe everything I read here but I try to be
    civilized in my comments.

I do however take exception when someone uses
    insulting, name-calling or outright attacks another
    member as that I believe is unacceptable. When
    it is repeatedly done then that is bullying and
    not ok.

I dont expect everyone to agree with me and thats
    ok but why cant this forum become better by being
    about snooker and stop the member attacking?
    Sadly that is the world we live in my friend, people hide behind their computer screens and become what I call keyboard warriors, just trolling and basically bullying people. Lively debate and discussion is great but insults and abuse is uncalled for and I've noticed this forum is going downhill rapidly due to a few select members. Hopefully people can either learn to get along, or ignore each other if not then maybe ferret will have to do something to stop it before it goes too far
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Simple:

Don't feed the trolls

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        Simple:

Don't feed the trolls

I try not to but it's HARD and they do like to bully, don't they?
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I also think if somebody is attacking your country you should direct your anger at them not the country they're from because it's an individual attacking you not England
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

snooker players are in general solitary animals ... I think this shows on the forum ... if they wanted to feel part of a team, they'd play cricket or football or netball or something

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
              snooker players are in general solitary animals ... I think this shows on the forum ... if they wanted to feel part of a team, they'd play cricket or football or netball or something
              I used to play a lot of football and cricket as well as snooker but i agree your more likely to find a snooker cue in a mass murderers house than a pair of football boots
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Sad part of forums nowadays mate, just need to brush past it.

It's funny when the keyboard warriors receive their comeuppance though - I had one years ago giving it the beans. He never realised I only lived down the road and poo'd his kecks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                  Sad part of forums nowadays mate, just need to brush past it.

It's funny when the keyboard warriors receive their comeuppance though - I had one years ago giving it the beans. He never realised I only lived down the road and poo'd his kecks.
                  I'm sorry to say this Phil but your last sentence makes you sound just like a keyboard warrior yourself ... it's an online forum, there's no need to threaten physical violence to another member ... by the way, I live in Outer Mongolia, where do you live?

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                    I'm sorry to say this Phil but your last sentence makes you sound just like a keyboard warrior yourself ... it's an online forum, there's no need to threaten physical violence to another member ... by the way, I live in Outer Mongolia, where do you live?
                    I think you misinterpreted by post..? Please explain Dandy, why I sound like a keyboard warrior? A keyboard warrior IMO is somebody who gives out verbal abuse/threatens abuse whilst thinking their identity is 100% safe and they can say/do whatever the hell they want to.

Have I mentioned that I've threatened violence to another member? I merely said the lad in my personal situation crapped himself. Hence my statement 'I find it funny' - Which I did at that time. Did I mention I done anything to him? How was it my fault he realised who I was after the incident?

No it doesn't make me sound like a keyboard warrior. If you knew the circumstances from that situation you'd understand my perspective. I'm not a violent person at all. Also, it wasn't via an online forum, not that it subsequently makes a difference either way.

No need for the sarcasm - Liverpool.
                    Last edited by Phil C; 6 March 2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                      I think you misinterpreted by post..? Please explain Dandy, why I sound like a keyboard warrior? A keyboard warrior IMO is somebody who gives out verbal abuse/threatens abuse whilst thinking their identity is 100% safe and they can say/do whatever the hell they want to.

Have I mentioned that I've threatened violence to another member? I merely said the lad in my personal situation crapped himself. Hence my statement 'I find it funny' - Which I did at that time. Did I mention I done anything to him? How was it my fault he realised who I was after the incident?

No it doesn't make me sound like a keyboard warrior. If you knew the circumstances from that situation you'd understand my perspective. I'm not a violent person at all. Also, it wasn't via an online forum, not that it subsequently makes a difference either way.

No need for the sarcasm - Liverpool.
                      ah OK, I apologise to you Phil ... I read your original post as you went round and threatened him as he "only lived down the road and [he] poo'd his kecks" but now I understand what you meant ... once again, my apologies for misunderstanding you ...

Comment

Lol no problems. I also apologise for getting a tad high-horsey.

Anyway, I agree... Let's get back to what the forums for.. Talking about snooker :snooker:

Comment

All forums tend to go through phases of having a few members who do this. Thankfully they don't stick around to long and peace and harmony usually return.

Think most of us take the forums for granted over the years and forget just how good they are. Where else can you get free help and advice on your chosen hobby/sport from guys who have a wealth of knowledge and experience and are willing to share it with others for no financial gain?

Gentlemen are what make forums the reason we all keep logging in not the odd twit or two that pass through.
                          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Gentlemen are what make forums the reason we all keep logging in
                            not the odd twit or two that pass through.

Yes there will always be the few who want to build themselves
                            up by putting others down. Childish and immature.

Comment

Working...
                            X