Hyperlinks To Shopping Sites In Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinks To Shopping Sites In Posts

Not sure if this is part of the site or something my end but recently I've noticed links to a shopping website called shopzilla.com are randomly appearing as the words I have typed in my posts and the most concerning part is I could check the same post later on and the word is normal again with no link which is making me wonder if it's malware. The URLs of the links are very long and go to specific pages like ties and shirts. Anyone else seen this?
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

I've had similar in the past, its likely Ad-Ware / Malware, run the free version of Malwarebytes and that should sort it.

Comment

Cheers, I'll do that pronto.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Hyperlinks To Shopping Sites In Posts

be aware - don't have adware or malwarebytes running all the time as they will affect your processor and performance.
        your standard firewall and antivirus software should deal with these.
        I run antimalwarebytes every now and then but remember to quit when done.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          be aware - don't have adware or malwarebytes running all the time as they will affect your processor and performance.
          your standard firewall and antivirus software should deal with these.
          I run antimalwarebytes every now and then but remember to quit when done.
          Solid advice I used to have it installed on my old PC and the first time I run a scan on that it found a shed load of malware that everything else didn't detect so it's worth having but takes its toll on resources. I've had my current PC for about 4 years and never installed Malwarebytes. It's a must have but as you say not something to be running all the time.

I currently use AVG free 2017 and Zone Alarm which I check for updates every week and run a virus check every few weeks but I'm wondering if upgrading to Malwarebytes pro is worth it. After installing the trial version last night it looks like £50 a year to upgrade to the pro version will mean I no longer need AVG and Zonealarm but it would mean I need to have Malwarebytes running all the time. It would mean I could uninstall AVG which is a big resource hog and Zone Alarm which isn't so I can't work out if AVG and Zone Alarm do the same job Malwarebytes pro would do but at zero cost or if I would be better protected online if I upgrade Malwarebytes.
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

I just run a scan and it took 8 minutes and scanned 216,257 files but didn't detect any malware. I'm surprised nothing has been detected but maybe it means AVG and Zone Alarm are doing a good job. The Malwarebytes process is also a whopping 133k which is a big dent as I only have 2gb RAM so upgrading to pro isn't an option.
            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
            X