Notifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifications?

Do notifications work how they're supposed to, because if they do I fail to see the point of them? I'm told that "(Username) and X others have posted on your subscription" where 'username' and 'x others' are links. The 'username' link take me to that member's profile page and the 'x others' does nothing.

My point is I have no way of knowing which thread the notifications refer to.

I appreciated forums cost money to run and it takes commitment to keep them running smoothly, but this current one isn't a patch on the old one.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Hi Billy ,

I'm not sure about the Notifications , as I turn mine off …...receive enough emails as it is ! , but I will forward this to the Tech guys . Thanks for pointing out the issue .

I am used to the new Forum now , and really like what has been done to the Homepage .

When you say it isn't a patch on the old one , what are you referring to ? Is there anything specific that we could get changed to improve it ?

I think Dean has do a great job with the Tournament discussion section , with all current Tournaments being in date order as well .

We [ myself & Dean ] met the Tech guys and they explained that the change in the forum was due to no updates being carried out at all . So the changes all at once looked quite significant .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

OK so this is the Notifications message at the top of the TSF screen.
      where you see something like

Billy and 3 others have posted on your subscription: 2020 Masters - 1st round discussion

Click on "Billy" will take you to the Member Profile; clicking on "X Others" will list the other members first,then these link to the member's Profile.

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      My point is I have no way of knowing which thread the notifications refer to.
      If you click on "2020 Masters...." this will take you directly to the new post. This is the thread being referred to.

Are you saying yo don't see the "2020 Masters..." bit in your Notification?
      Last edited by DeanH; 17 January 2020, 01:40 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

here are some images to show what I see and the click on "Others" to display the other members replying to the topic; and the Topic (Thread) replied to.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Are you saying yo don't see the "2020 Masters..." bit in your Notification?
          Nope. No link to the thread my end. I'm on W7 using latest FF.

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
          When you say it isn't a patch on the old one , what are you referring to ? Is there anything specific that we could get changed to improve it ?
          Just little things, Neil. It's almost unusable for me on mobile (see other thread in this section) and just feels slow and buggy on my desktop. Other browsing is fine so not my internet connection.

I'm sure you're aware I only post when there's a tourney on, so this isn't a huge deal. I can't offer any suggestions I'm afraid. It just doesn't feel as stable as the last is all.
          Last edited by Billy; 17 January 2020, 01:42 PM.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Can you post a picture of what you see in the Notification screen?

Windows 7, oh dear, should not be using that nay more
            I use Chrome, sometimes FF when working on videos.
            I will have a look into FF and see if I see all things as before.

give me a second...

Comment

ok in FF now.
              The Notigfication page is the same and works as it should.
              So are you saying that the Text after "...your Subription" or "Post" is not an active link that takes you to the new post?

Comment

Can you post a picture of what you see in the Notification screen?

Windows 7, oh dear, should not be using that nay more
                I use Chrome, sometimes FF when working on videos.
                I will have a look into FF and see if I see all things as before.

give me a second...
                W7 - I know. Can't be arsed switching to 10, though

I now have another notification and this one is showing the thread. Maybe I'm not understanding. Here's a screenshot. Sorry for the size.

snook.png

Comment

hm, that is odd
                  the "How to keep..." is the link that I am talking about that will take you to the new post; but as you say the other does not show the thread as it should.

wait one...

Comment

hm, I cant see anything that will make this happen.
                    if you click on "Sohailafzal" or the "1 other" you will go to their profile and you should see their activity for 29th Dec 19 and that will show the topic they posted to; and that link should work and take you to the topic and the post.

Comment

hm, I cant see anything that will make this happen.
                      if you click on "Sohailafzal" or the "1 other" you will go to their profile and you should see their activity for 29th Dec 19 and that will show the topic they posted to; and that link should work and take you to the topic and the post.
                      I'll just put it down to a gremlin at my end. Like I say no biggie. Just for the record, though, the '1 other...' link doesn't take me anywhere.

Thanks for your assistance is trying to sort this.

Comment

does the 1 other no show another member's name?

if you Dismiss, the notification will disappear from the opening screen

Comment

does the 1 other no show another member's name?
                          No, as you can see in my screenshot.

Comment

your picture does not show you trying to click on "1 other"
                            can you not mouse-click on "1 other" as in my picture a popup appears with the other member's name?

Comment

your picture does not show you trying to click on "1 other"
                              can you not mouse-click on "1 other" as in my picture a popup appears with the other member's name?
                              I can click it, but nothing happens.

I'm using AdBlock Plus. Maybe it sees the pop-up as an advert.

Comment

Working...
                              X