Strange Page Instead Of Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Page Instead Of Homepage

I'm writing this on my home PC which displays the website fine but I've noticed when I try to visit the website on my work laptop it's re-directing to some dodgy looking page that says something about being the 5th billionth visitor. I shut down the page as soon as possible because it could be something flagged up by my work IT dept it looks that dodgy. I can see if I can get a screenshot if it's not something you've heard of before. It's on Chrome and is fine on my home computer but seems to be getting redirected on my work laptop to a phishing looking page telling me I've won something.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

My first thoughts are that your work laptop probably has an old favourite or link which goes back to when vBulletin was hacked and TSF was affected.
    Delete this old favourite or link and search a clean link and save this.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I also get this on Chrome on android. If i'm not logged in the snooker forum redirects to spam. If i back up and try again it will do it once or twice more before letting me in. For some reason if i have already logged in it doesn't do it. I'm accessing the forum via a google search, so the link should be up to date.

Comment

Yeah I've had this a few times on my android phone, seems alright now.
        Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

I will pass this information onto the techies.
          thanks

I have not seen this on my Android, I have a bookmark saved to the home page; or on any machine since the hack was fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and when I manually entered the complete URL instead of letting it auto complete it loads the homepage correctly and has done since then.
            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

have you tried to save the new link to a fav?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                have you tried to save the new link to a fav?
                Yep have it saved on the bookmarks bar of my work laptop now.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Still happening unfortunately, 'YOU'VE WON A SAMSUNG WHATEVER'.
                  Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Hi Jim
                    Have you tried the previously mentioned tips?
                    Once you find the correct TSF page, save this as a favourite or phone Widget/bookmark, and use that from then on.
                    Let us know how you get on

Comment

if using Google chrome, go to history and clear the cache. Then try again and save the new link.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If you google 'the snooker forum', the first 3 links all take me to some dodgy websites. I have to go on the twitter page and click the link directly to reach here. It's the same whether I use a computer, my lap top or my phone.

also when I post, I get an error message which says; "
                        • Invalid SQL: SELECT `cacheid` FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_1005486','nodeChg_996695','nodeChg_31',' nodeChg_14','nodeChg_2','nodeChg_1');"
                        But the post does still get made.

Comment

when you see the message, press F5 to refresh, and your post should appear, eventually

the search history is down to your machine and your personal history
                          but I know what you mean

clearing cache and history will help but once you found the right one, save a favourite (pc) or bookmark to home-page (phone)
                          then use that from then on
                          doing browser search every time is not the best

Comment

Working...
                          X