Forum innacessable today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum innacessable today?

Sometime this afternoon (sorry, didn't notice the exact time) the forum became unreachable for me. There was no error messages, just a white screen that hung indefinitely.

I cleared my cookies, but what was a little more worrying when I tried to access the forum via the link from a search engine was the fact I was being re-directed to a 'Security compromised - You've been hacked screen'. The words 'You've been hacked' were made up of x's that were cleverly spaced across the screen to spell out the message.

I ran some virus scans but found nothing. Reddit was behaving unusually around the same time, but that was stuck in a loop that said I needed to log in, but on doing so I was told I was already logged in. A little digging showed several have encountered this over the years, so probably not connected with the problems here.

I used a couple of 'Is it down?' website for here at the time, and they both said the place was up and running.

Anyone else have any issues today?
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

there was a hack earlier today, that took a few hours for the tech team to fix.
    TSF was down, not sure yet if TSF only or vBulletin platform as well
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Okay. Sorry for the hack, but I'm relived it wasn't me.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Okay. Sorry for the hack, but I'm relived it wasn't me.
        Lol.

Comment

I couldn't log on for five days, was that just me, there seems to be a lot of inactivity during the final
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

not just you, not just TSF, vBullettin platform and server provider affected as bad as you can get!
            Just when WSC was coming to climax - nothing was available

Comment

I tried to log on but got a 'you're the five billionth searcher and you've won a prize' bollocks. Didn't fall for that one
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

what prize did you get Vmax?

of course, to all members please be aware of dodgy sites and "if it seems to good to be true, it often is" sites!

Comment

what prize did you get Vmax?

of course, to all members please be aware of dodgy sites and "if it seems to good to be true, it often is" sites!
                  Didn't bother finding out, I know it's a scam to get your banking details, it's never free, you have to pay postage at least

Comment

I see the little kid sitting in his room all alone tried again today, knobjockey.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

it is annoying isn't it

investigation with vBulletin and Server firm is on-going

Comment

it is annoying isn't it

investigation with vBulletin and Server firm is on-going
                        Is it a disgruntled banned ex-member?

Comment

do you know what, that had crossed my mind

Comment

Woohoo, we are back again, getting in quick, just n case
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yes back up. Had to put in my User Name and Password. Worked ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X