No announcement yet.

Forum innacessable today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s more hacks on here than Fleet Street had in the 80’s ....

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
      There’s more hacks on here than Fleet Street had in the 80’s ....
      More Hacks than the cough sweet factory.......i'll get me coat...
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

More Hacks than the cough sweet factory.......i'll get me coat...
        I think we should leave it on that beauty

Comment

I think we should leave it on that beauty
          Lolz,

Had a nice little round robin down my club tonight and one of the good players was there who gives me 32 start off handicaps (he's - 55 im currently -23) I lost 2-1 in best of 3 but should have won second frame and match!

As i've got older i've noticed i have more gremlins in my head saying the wrong things to me, like you just potted two great balls to get in... now dont miss this easy one!

Have you suffered this mate and How do you deal with it?

Like the Emperor in Star Wars said "Anger is the path to the Dark side" or something like that Lol. Its hard not to get frustrated but very essential to try not to. Chillax!!
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Lolz,

Had a nice little round robin down my club tonight and one of the good players was there who gives me 32 start off handicaps (he's - 55 im currently -23) I lost 2-1 in best of 3 but should have won second frame and match!

As i've got older i've noticed i have more gremlins in my head saying the wrong things to me, like you just potted two great balls to get in... now dont miss this easy one!

Have you suffered this mate and How do you deal with it?

Like the Emperor in Star Wars said "Anger is the path to the Dark side" or something like that Lol. Its hard not to get frustrated but very essential to try not to. Chillax!!
            I feel your pain mate as it’s probably been the main thing holding me back in regards to consistency since I’ve started playing again .

I tend to overthink things( an understatement ) generally but it can be a killer when playing snooker. Whats been my downfall has been over analyzing my game when things aren’t going right . Then practicing certain areas which I think need changing but bringing those thoughts to the table when playing matches.
            Each player can have their own things in their head which can come into their mind while playing a shot but they all have the same result with a missed ball.
            I had a bit of a eureka moment last week when my practice partner said I played stronger at the end of an 80 break than I had in any lower breaks against him. It made me think what I done differently and I realized I just stopped thinking about the this and that and just concentrated on position once I’d lined the shot up. While I’m just focusing on position and break building it keeps all the other crap out.
            There are a couple of other things that have helped me which I’ve changed and I’ll list them . ..

Focus on winning games and just playing the shot in front and not putting pressure on myself with level of breaks I want to hit again.

Don’t watch too many coaching videos on YouTube

Get back up on a shot if you get any negative thoughts ( easier said than done)

Comment

I feel your pain mate as it’s probably been the main thing holding me back in regards to consistency since I’ve started playing again .

I tend to overthink things( an understatement ) generally but it can be a killer when playing snooker. Whats been my downfall has been over analyzing my game when things aren’t going right . Then practicing certain areas which I think need changing but bringing those thoughts to the table when playing matches.
              Each player can have their own things in their head which can come into their mind while playing a shot but they all have the same result with a missed ball.
              I had a bit of a eureka moment last week when my practice partner said I played stronger at the end of an 80 break than I had in any lower breaks against him. It made me think what I done differently and I realized I just stopped thinking about the this and that and just concentrated on position once I’d lined the shot up. While I’m just focusing on position and break building it keeps all the other crap out.
              There are a couple of other things that have helped me which I’ve changed and I’ll list them . ..

Focus on winning games and just playing the shot in front and not putting pressure on myself with level of breaks I want to hit again.

Don’t watch too many coaching videos on YouTube

Get back up on a shot if you get any negative thoughts ( easier said than done)

I just knew i could get some quality advice from you on this, all so true and reminded me of days when my thinking was at "every pot is a given, all i need to do is think of where i need the white"

Thanks.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I just knew i could get some quality advice from you on this, all so true and reminded me of days when my thinking was at "every pot is a given, all i need to do is think of where i need the white"

Thanks.
                That’s exactly it CC, I think for me it’s just a matter of trusting my technique again and the rest will fall back into place . How much falls back is the interesting bit going forward but whatever it is I’m going to enjoy finding out .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

the first details I have been given is that it could have been due to a maintenance issue.
                  Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Could be Dean. I'm on a football forum run by Tapatalk and we were all temporarily banned while something went on at their end.
                  Seems that vBulletin did an urgent maintenance/update.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Since the update Dean My 'Back page' does not work, I used to go to todays post then scroll back to the first post I hadn't read, sometimes it was previous page, No prob I would read through and click back page and it would take me back to page of last post, when I use it now it just stays on the same page.
                    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

"back page" do you mean Previous Page?

I do not see any such behaviour,
                      I do know there are recent updates for Chrome and Firefox, maybe update your browser and also clear the cache?
                      Come back with what you find

edit-
                      The above is on a topic thread, I do not see multiple pages on "Today's Posts", scrolling down the page is enough to see all the activity.
                      Last edited by DeanH; 25 September 2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Sorry Dean I misssed your reply, the 'back page' i'm referring to is on the main toolbar big circle with left pointing arrow within, If I click on last post but previous unread post is on previous page I use what you describe above when at end of page I use the 'back button which should take me back to the original page, but when I use it it just stays on the page i've just read, it's not really a big deal just that it used to work fine.

Comment

so you mean the main Back command on your browser (Google/Firefox/etc.) toolbar (out side of TSF commands) then I would check that your browser is up-to-date.
                          Are you using a pc, laptop or pad - it has been known that pads can have differing results than and proper () machine

Comment

Thats the one Dean using Firefox I use CCleaner to clear cookies cashe ect and using laptop, another strange thing your replys did not show up in 'Todays posts' like normal I had to go to main forum to see that you had replied.

Comment

and your Firefox is up to date?
                              [top right corner 3 horizontal lines - Open Menu, Options, scroll down and see the Firefox Updates section]

also, do you have any AddIns - Ad Blockers, etc?

I sometimes use Firefox and the back arrow works as it should - just tested

I also use CCleaner but know that depending on settings it does not clear everything from a browsers memory
                              while still in Firefox Options, "Find in Options" bar near the top, type in Cache, "Cookies and Site Data" should appear, do what you feel comfortable doing

then check updates again, and restart etc AND cross-fingers for luck

Comment

Hi Dean, I haven't been in for a while but can see the numbers have dropped, a real shame so I wonder how to pull it back again.

I have been looking at Facebook groups which I can see has a lot of impetus nowadays and if the forum is now running well with the IT (I'm not sure as haven't been in for a while) then maybe a few posts in the right Facebook groups to advertise it.

I have taken a bit of a look to see how many members are in some of the Facebook pages so it might be worth posting in the following, worth a punt?

Snooker Facebook Groups

Snooker 76,000
                                Snooker Fans 51,000
                                Snooker Hub 22,000
                                Snooker 15,000
                                Snooker World 15,000
                                Euro Snooker 11,000
                                The Power Snooker Fan Club 9,200

Snooker147 5,000
                                Snooker Loopy 3,300
                                Snooker Stars Fans 6,200
                                Snooker Fans 3,100
                                Snooker Life 1,300
                                Snooker Gods 1,300
                                Snooker Lovers 1,300
                                The Snooker Forum 1,300
                                The Snooker Crazy Group 1,300

Pool Facebook Groups

Pool Chat and Banter Page15,000
                                UK World Pool 5,300
                                Real Pool Chat and Banter Group 1,800
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X