Post Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Count

The system doesn’t seem to show the correct post count. On the English Open thread it’s currently showing 2 responses but there is more than that. Think this might have been mentioned before.

yep, as mentioned on the other topic, after a hack, the system needs to be rebuilt and takes a few days for the functions to come back - such as post counts and new posts indicators, etc.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Gonna take a few more days now i guess. We need to re-platform, vbulletin is crap and isnt doing anything to stop the constant hacking. Snooker Island doesnt suffer from this but its a crap forum...
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Gonna take a few more days now i guess. We need to re-platform, vbulletin is crap and isnt doing anything to stop the constant hacking. Snooker Island doesnt suffer from this but its a crap forum...
        Lets be honest, we've been Hemorrhaging members for a while now, there must be a reason, I don't think the vbullitin update helped. As you say, the Island's doing OK but like you, I'm not keen on the tone of the place.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Lets be honest, we've been Hemorrhaging members for a while now, there must be a reason, I don't think the vbullitin update helped. As you say, the Island's doing OK but like you, I'm not keen on the tone of the place.

-
          Yep, its pretty bad Pat and its a shame as this place has been a great source of data, knowledge and not least of all fun over the years. Having Googled the issue, it shows how there was a security vulnerability with VBulletin that had a "patch" created to fix it, but there was a "work around" the hackers have found to break it again.

As I type, there is probably a kid preparing to load some code again to blow us out the water any minute. Real shame, not sure it can recover at this rate.

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Good to hear from you fellas again, hope you are all well...

Not quite sure the issues but I use a couple of other vBulletin forums that haven't been affected at all? So I'm wondering what the difference is?

A shame obviously for the grief it causes for owners/mods but also because it puts people off coming here. Seems the forum has been back up a couple of days but I didn't know so haven't been back until today and still things aren't working fully (post counts/new posts etc so it looks like theres been no activity), I don't doubt that this will have put people off each time as the original re-build did.

Edit: getting error messages when posting new messages again

Comment

I use Azbilliards forum which is v bulletin and doesn't seem to have been affected. They run an older version though, similar to format this forum was pre-update

Comment

Same here I use other Forums who use vbullitin and there has been no disruption at all, Strange.
                Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                  I use Azbilliards forum which is v bulletin and doesn't seem to have been affected. They run an older version though, similar to format this forum was pre-update
                  I think thats the main issue, its this version of Vbulletin that has the vulnerability. The irony is if we hadnt upgraded we would probably have been better off. Heres the story:- https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...o-day-rce-bug/
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                  X