• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pest Toast
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I know none of this is your fault Dean but I don't understand all the cloak and dagger secrecy nonsense. Why doesn't one of these mysterious owners come on here, make themselves known and give us an idea of what's going on? It's a snooker forum not bloody MI5. A little communication and good will would I'm sure be very much appreciated by the loyal members who still remain, despite the place being something of a trainwreck.

Come on guys, introduce yourselves, join the party! What are you afraid of? We don't bite you know, well, maybe the odd nibble.

-
      This, as they say.

It strikes me those in charge of running this forum have absolutely no interest in fixing anything. If they’d just sort out the infuriating error message we get EVERY time we submit a post, it’d be a start!!
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Couple more for the list:

I just tried to log out but got the following error message:

"There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified"

It also seems that images posted using the "Upload Attachments" button can only be viewed by the user who posted them (providing they are logged in) and no one else.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          Couple more for the list:

I just tried to log out but got the following error message:

"There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified"
          Puts me in mind of The Eagles....

"You can log out any time you like, but, you can never leave!

I appreciate we're desperate for members but....

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

The site was briefly down today. Back up now.

Comment

No errors, just a request. I noticed that after I log off, it still says I am online for about an hour or so. Is it possible to have a real tme status?
              Last edited by fkhan; 4 November 2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                Not errors, just a suggestion. I noticed that after I log off, it still says I am online for about an hour or so. Is it possible to have a real tme status?
                question - do you refresh the screen after you have logged-out?
                I see my status change very quickly after I log off
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I just tested. It works. Thanks Dean. Probably a page refresh issue I have another request. Similar to what we had on the older forum, can we get to see who is watching a certain thread?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

question - do you refresh the screen after you have logged-out?
                    I see my status change very quickly after I log off
                    There are two scenarios here. The one which you said works after I log off. The second one being this, I lose internet connectivity to the forum page or close the page by mistake, then on the login info on the top right corner of the forum page, the username and password fields become empty indicating that my session is lost. But when I see who is online, my name still pops up. I was referring to this issue earlier.
                    Last edited by fkhan; 4 November 2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

There are two scenarios here. The one which you said works after I log off. The second one being this, I lose internet connectivity to the forum page or close the page by mistake, then on the login info on the top right corner of the forum page, the username and password fields become empty indicating that my session is lost. But when I see who is online, my name still pops up. I was referring to this issue earlier.
                      The 2nd scenario - yes I have seen the same, I believe with the database you can still be logged in (especially if you check the "Remember Me" on login) if you lose connectivity.
                      I have found no issue to "logging" back in again, but if you have issues, clear your cache of the browsers often allows the login :cross-fingers:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

The 2nd scenario - yes I have seen the same, I believe with the database you can still be logged in (especially if you check the "Remember Me" on login) if you lose connectivity.
                        I have found no issue to "logging" back in again, but if you have issues, clear your cache of the browsers often allows the login :cross-fingers:
                        Thanks. I dont check the remember me option. Also, I have set my browser to clear history on exit. No issues in logging in again. It's just that it shows me as online eventhough I am not.
                        Last edited by fkhan; 4 November 2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• I use the Remember Me else I get kicked out very quickly

Comment

• One more suggestion if you allow it. If I post an erroneous message in a thread containing incorrect grammar or spellings and someone quotes me before I correct it, it shows the erroneous message in the quote even though the post is corrected later.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              One more suggestion if you allow it. If I post an erroneous message in a thread containing incorrect grammar or spellings and someone quotes me before I correct it, it shows the erroneous message in the quote even though the post is corrected later.
                              I believe this is correct behaviour - as I think the Quoted text is not linked to the original post, just a copy.

Comment

• The count for likes does not increase. Example: Masters thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X