Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news about the future of the forum

I received this from Dean today and he's asked me to pass it on to you all:

Things are finally moving forward, the owner has contracted with a new tech team that are very experienced and so very very soon we should have a new TSF built on a server that can handle what we do, managed by people who know vBulletin like the back of their hand!

As of today, the new company is still waiting for the "back up" from the previous tech team but are still waiting. I envisage (and hope) this will be a matter of weeks not months, but please don't hold me to that

Sounds promising. So hopefully we should have a fully working site sometime soon, can't wait.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Fingers crossed. Hope the Forum can get back to the way it was years ago. During the Gibraltar Tourney there was less than 10 members logged on when I did a check.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Hope so , Pity people like Odri left because he had brilliant contributions , as did many others who departed. Sounds like politicians election promises , we heard this before. Be great if it happens this time though

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
          Hope so , Pity people like Odri left because he had brilliant contributions , as did many others who departed. Sounds like politicians election promises , we heard this before. Be great if it happens this time though
          Odrl still pops back from time to time, I'm sure he'll start posting again once the site's sorted out and membership (hopefully) picks up.
          Keep the faith, after all, the forum's like an old friend, you wouldn't desert an old friend when they're poorly and need you most, would you.
          I know we've heard things like this before, but I don't think this is another false dawn. Fingers X

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

So the Forum is broken, I thought it had something to do with the hacks, Maybe a new Tech team New ideas, lets hope so, Don't worry Pat I've got your back, BTW where is Dean he hasn't posted for a while and I can only guess Neil is busy ATM.
            Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Good news and let hope it’s followed through, thanks for sharing PatBlock.
              I reckon once people get back playing again I think the interest will return. Not sure about you guys but not being able to play is starting to get to me and one way I have of dealing with it is to take more of a step back from anything to do with snooker and to concentrate on other pastimes

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                So the Forum is broken, I thought it had something to do with the hacks, Maybe a new Tech team New ideas, lets hope so, Don't worry Pat I've got your back, BTW where is Dean he hasn't posted for a while and I can only guess Neil is busy ATM.
                Thanks John. Dean is having login issues unfortunately, another effect of the forum's illness I'm afraid. I think he's getting serious withdrawal symptoms. It must be like purgatory, he can read posts but can't reply to them. Hi Dean.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Thanks John. Dean is having login issues unfortunately, another effect of the forum's illness I'm afraid. I think he's getting serious withdrawal symptoms. It must be like purgatory, he can read posts but can't reply to them. Hi Dean.

-
                  Big shout out to Dean

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Big shout out to Dean
                    I reckon he's sabotaged the place, so he can have a couple of weeks off. Can't say I blame him.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I reckon he's sabotaged the place, so he can have a couple of weeks off. Can't say I blame him.

-
                      Far enough , he has been taking a bit of flak recently.

Comment

I'm both kinda sceptical and hopeful...
                        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                          I'm both kinda sceptical and hopeful...
                          I’ve been like that this last year during these lockdowns

Comment

Hopefully everyting will be in place in time for the world championships and the new tech team will maybe have a better defence against the hackers.
                            To be honest I feel even though Milton Keynes came to the rescue, every tournament felt and looked the same, I didn't give Gibralter any time whatsoever, no idea who won it. I never thought I'd miss playing that much, I have a few things to work through to maybe improve my game and just can't put them into practise, and there's always the chance that my club will fold under the financial burden.
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Good news. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X