Good news about the future of the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
    It is a bit better CC but i dont think All the niggles have been sorted,and we've had no notice that the new tech team have taken over as yet.
    Yes agreed John, I said "becoming" a joy to visit, but still a ways to go yet.

Just wanted to echo Marks thanks to our own non paid hero's.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Chat with owner yesterday and the latest is that the new tech team should have full control tomorrow (Monday 20th April 2021). I don't know actual time but hopefully no-one will notice a thing

Hoping it wont be long to fix what we know is wrong and then we can move onward with getting TSF how we like it to be
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Chat with owner yesterday and the latest is that the new tech team should have full control tomorrow (Monday 20th April 2021). I don't know actual time but hopefully no-one will notice a thing
        Don't worry sir, you won't feel a thing....

That's great news Dean, thanks.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Chat with owner yesterday and the latest is that the new tech team should have full control tomorrow (Monday 20th April 2021).
          I see Dean still makes mistakes like we're used to (just teasing mate)
          (20th April is next Tuesday)

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
            I see Dean still makes mistakes like we're used to (just teasing mate)
            (20th April is next Tuesday)
            DARN IT!

anyway, got an email tonight from the new tech lead (working Sundays!) and things are moving ahead and this week coming will see a lot happening, many back office stuff and capture all we have, to protect the site, to bring the site up to date with all the updates and components we have not had before!
            The tech lead will inform me to pass on to the members when new bits will be actioned and we may have to step back a bit for maybe an hour or so as anything new maybe lost during the process; I will be informed then this is complete and we can continue.
            Once the site is fully rolled over and brought up to date hopefully we can the start to improve the site and bring back features we miss and add stuff we have not had before x-fingers!

So thanks all for your patience, I am sure you may now realise what the owner has had to deal with and I now understand - partly at least - why we have had such a crock of whatever in the recent-past!

I will repeat my borrowed with permission, all those years ago, signature line - Up the TSF!

Comment

Hi All

The site as now moved to one of our servers if your reading this!

We have also completed an update to the forum too so if you do find anything that's not quite working as it should please let me know.

Thanks

Ash

Comment

Excellent stuff , straightaway I’ve noticed the vastly improved speed .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Was required to re-input log-on and password details.

Comment

Yep - log back in (check the Remember Me box ) and all up and running, no DNS cache issue
                    Last edited by DeanH; 19 April 2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Getting email notifications wow. Thanks guys!

Comment

So glad the site is being worked on atm, it was in poor shape and the site is too valuable to me to let go, such cool people on here!
                        I'll test how long it takes to post this message now, yesterdays message took like 20 seconds to post!

Comment

Email notifications seem to be very quick now as well

Comment

Glad your all seeing an improvement, you've moved from a virtual server to one of our dedicated servers (Litespeed webserver, Dual Xeon, 128GB RAM, SSD storage) I'm actually about to start testing our replacement servers in next few months so at some point you will be moved to an even faster one
                            Last edited by Rapidweb; 19 April 2021, 11:00 PM.

Comment

You probably mean SSD instead of SDD
                              Let me guess, linux server running Apache, php and MySql database?

Been a decade since i done php, very rusty by now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                                You probably mean SSD instead of SDD
                                Let me guess, linux server running Apache, php and MySql database?

Been a decade since i done php, very rusty by now.
                                woohoo not just me then!
                                :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X