No announcement yet.

Problem to change email adress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Wity is a disruptive little %$£$% so yes I stepped in when I received a email saying he way back."!

So you no logger own the forum but continue to rule it as a dictator.

Should have sold it to Wity at least he'd run it democratically..

Comment

Just following the forum rules, got a problem with that the speak to the owners as they have not changed the rules.

Comment

Easier said than done. Us mere members have no idea who they are.

Comment

Ferret please read..

I've just remembered what Wity said about him re signing up. He had phoned ADR to ask about badges and ADR cut him short before he actually said anything about them with..

"Hahha wondered how long it'd take you to ring, Truth is mate I don't know how to but I will find out."

"eh?"

"To get you back on the Forum"

"I rang about badges but what are you on about?

Oh thought you knew I was one of the new owners and you were ringing wanting back in"

As ADR didn't know how to lift his ban after a couple of weeks or so Wity spoke to him again....

"I've signed back up as Wity, with a dot at the end and it's worked am I ok to post or will I be banned again?"

"Okay by me go ahead I'm not going to ban you.

And so he did. Now if your saying you just banned Wity. because he was previously banned then I suggest you confirm that actually was said with ADR and let Wity back in as he had permission. You were the one really who was out of order.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
            First off this is the first I have heard of this.
            Sorry but your problem makes no sense, you can not read conversation but you can read this one? please clarify what exactly you are having problems with.
            He's having the same problem I had a few months ago, he changed his email address and can now no longer log on to the forum, so he's had to create a new account, which is the one he's using atm. As he explained here:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...e-email-adress

Website goes down - that me
            Page loading slow - thats me
            problem posting on the forum - thats not me
            need something moderated - thats not me
            OK, fair enough. But us mere members need someone to contact when these things go wrong, none of the mods seem to have the necessary tools/knowledge to do the job so it's understandable that we try to contact you, as far as we know, you're the only link we have to the new owners.

I hold a admin account to do menial techy stuff only like optimising the database and keeping an eye on server load speeds etc the new owners have a Admin account also which has not been logged into since the day after I created it for them.
            This is very depressing.

Not seen anyone report a spam thread! maybe click the report button and someone will deal with it, all moderators have the powers to do this.
            As I said in post 11 of the offending thread, (which is still there) I reported it via the report button on Thursday 30th june, so why wasn't it picked up then? What's the point of a report button if no one responds to it.

Incorrect.

To all the moderators, there is a moderators ONLY section on the forum (Click the button that says forum and scroll down to private) ask me any moderation questions in there and I will enlighten you

If anybody has sent a email through the contact us button on the forum and not received a reply then please ask a moderator and they will contact the site owners and ask them to answer your email, I do not have access to this email address so I can not help you.
            So are you saying that Dean and co DO actually have the tools to delete and move threads then? They seem to think not.

All in all, this place is a complete mess atm, and it has to be said that your obtuse attitude toward it/us doesn't help one little bit.

-
            Last edited by PatBlock; 5 July 2016, 12:45 PM.
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              So are you saying that Dean and co DO actually have the tools to delete and move threads then? They seem to think not.

All in all, this place is a complete mess atm, and it has to be said that your obtuse attitude toward it/us doesn't help one little bit.
              literally over night a pile of new buttons and options have appeared - for me at least - which were definitely not there previously
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                literally over night a pile of new buttons and options have appeared - for me at least - which were definitely not there previously
                New toys for the boys! Well that's a start anyway. Have fun lads.

Can you delete the fake passports thread?

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Just hit them all Dean, what can go wrong?
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Ferret - "need something moderated, that's not me"

Then bans someone

I'd vote for you Ferret
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Just hit them all Dean, what can go wrong?
                      Don't press the red one! It may unban all currently banned members and release them from obscurity!

Comment

It's not what you Dean ......its who you know

Glad it's all sorted now .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

yep, cheers Neil
                          now, where is that Red button...? ah bugger it, I'll press them all!! :biggrin:
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Click,,,, and the lights went out.
                            Click.... and the kettle came on.
                            Click... and Dan Shelton rings.
                            Click... and Deans banned himself.

Comment

[QUOTE=ferret;895181]First off this is the first I have heard of this.

Sorry but your problem makes no sense, you can not read conversation but you can read this one? please clarify what exactly you are having problems with.

Just tried to log in using my "old" user name and the problem is still on. When I log in there is this text:

TeeVee, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                              Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                              If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

This my problem is still on. Nothing has happanend. What can be reason???

Comment

Working...
                                X