This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Forum

Just logged on. Everything has changed. Wasn't expecting this. Was there an announcement that I've missed? Will take a while to get used to.
    One question. I used to use a facility called "New Posts". Is that still available? Can't see it.
    Last edited by Nifty50; 28 May 2019, 07:09 AM.

There was an announcement and it did say move to new servers and also update to new version of vBulletin.

As you say, I am also looking for the equivalent to "New Posts"; I have not found it yet, I doubt it exists

cant get smilies to work either
    Last edited by DeanH; 23 May 2019, 08:10 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

from the main landing page, the sub section "latest activity" will be the closest equivalent I expect

Comment

yeah that is what I am thinking but that is at topic level, not post

notifications - I got a notification within the forum but no email yet.

and no smilies showing - at least on my screen

Comment

I don't like the new layout but if it's easier to post pictures then all well and good so I'll try it.
          No, still useless, in fact if your picture doesn't upload you have to cancel the whole post and start again rather than just cancel the picture upload, so even worse.
          It's typical isn't it, you get well used to something and someone decides it's better another way and meddles
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Yep, really had my hopes up when logged into new look website regarding uploading photo but was a false dawn.
            All other forums I belong to is a simple photo capture on iPhone and then upload photos in seconds.
            Last edited by TooDark; 23 May 2019, 09:36 AM.
            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

forum has gone from bad to useless

Fixing what aint broke

Comment

can the Forum Rules be removed or at least reduce its size, as it takes up a huge amount of space on nearly every page

Comment

Well, I felt my sphincter tighten when I read ferret's post, and sure enough, what worked fine is now broken and what was broken hasn't been fixed.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Starting to get used to the new layout, to find latest new posts; it seems if you click on New Topics; and if there are new posts have occurred since last time your checked, you can click on the blue double arrow over to the right of the listing which takes you to the post directly.

Comment

Really struggling with this new layout. Wish there was a mark all as read so i stopped seeing the same stuff every time.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Starting to get used to the new layout, to find latest new posts; it seems if you click on New Topics; and if there are new posts have occurred since last time your checked, you can click on the blue double arrow over to the right of the listing which takes you to the post directly.
                        Can find where that is. Any chance of a screenshot?

Comment

here goes, first image

Comment

Thx, hmmmm my screen doesn't look like that. Must be in the wrong place. Will continue to fiddle.

Comment

PC not phone
                              have not found phone app yet, but using Browser on phone it looks different again

Comment

Working...
                              X