Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to the guy who is doing the works on the website . It has changed as there were no updates for 3 years . So where you would see minor changes over a period of time , we have seen 3 years of changes over night.
    there are a few more changes to happen and when this is done , I am going to meet the guy and go through what we can change , add or omit from the website .

Will gladly pass on ideas / comments that you have , if you think that it will improve the site .

spoke to the owner of the site as well , and there will be an addition of a shop on here . Plus a few other additions .

basically , bear with us and it will improve .

already I’ve seen the addition of a link to ‘ today’s topics ‘ .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Not sure if it's just me but I can't search for anything. Even if I search for a term that I know will be mentioned i.e. "snooker", it comes back with 0 results.

Comment

Neil/Dean would it would be worth startng a new thread to capture all the issues/suggestions for change in the one place?

Comment

Originally Posted by TopGun View Post
          Not sure if it's just me but I can't search for anything. Even if I search for a term that I know will be mentioned i.e. "snooker", it comes back with 0 results.
          exactly the same for me , search just doesn't work

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            I spoke to the guy who is doing the works on the website . It has changed as there were no updates for 3 years . So where you would see minor changes over a period of time , we have seen 3 years of changes over night.
            there are a few more changes to happen and when this is done , I am going to meet the guy and go through what we can change , add or omit from the website .

Will gladly pass on ideas / comments that you have , if you think that it will improve the site .

spoke to the owner of the site as well , and there will be an addition of a shop on here . Plus a few other additions .

Many thanks , it could be a superb website when the teething troubles are ironed out , the shop idea is great also

Comment

Will this new layout improve my snooker? 🤔
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                Neil/Dean would it would be worth startng a new thread to capture all the issues/suggestions for change in the one place?
                Good idea Nifty , just posted a new thread .

Comment

Every link on Google is broken and the search function on the forum doesn't work anymore

Comment

If you see any issues or have suggestions on what you would like to see on the site that could improve it , please post in this thread :

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...es-suggestions

Comment

The "Todays Posts" link isn't always there??

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
                        The "Todays Posts" link isn't always there??
                        This has been logged as an issue. Another poster said the button was there if you log out but is not there when you log on!

Comment

I have found that if I logout, click on Todays Posts, and the login, this page stays but if you go to any post you have to use browser Back button, if you click anything else, you lose it
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

firstly when we click on any topic can it kindly direct us to the last post as was always the case.
                            secondly the old forum format was fine and we were all comfy with it. wholesale changes none of which are useful have been forced upon the users.
                            The new posts page of the old format is a non negotiable. saves us all the hassles of having to troll through endless pages to find the post we were looking for.
                            lastly when making changes get feedback from the customers namely the forum members before making idiots of yourselves and a pain in the @R53 for the members

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post

firstly when we click on any topic can it kindly direct us to the last post as was always the case.
                              secondly the old forum format was fine and we were all comfy with it. wholesale changes none of which are useful have been forced upon the users.
                              The new posts page of the old format is a non negotiable. saves us all the hassles of having to troll through endless pages to find the post we were looking for.
                              lastly when making changes get feedback from the customers namely the forum members before making idiots of yourselves and a pain in the @R53 for the members
                              Sanman, Neil has opened a new thread to post issues on.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post

First point - A good suggestion and I will put it to the website designer to change this .

Second Point - As said previously the website hadn't been updated for 3 years , so that is why it changed significantly . Still more changes to be updated and hopefully this will be useful

Third Point - If you look at the Forum Upgrade thread , this has already been talked about and I've spoken to the Web Designer

Fourth Point - Not sure how you would relay these sort of changes to members to get Feedback , and don't understand or like your comment about making idiots of themselves . Not really a constructive comment . Understand members frustrations , but teething problems which will get ironed out .

Comment

Working...
                                X