X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Access Issues

New topic started for issues...
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

I can't log in from the home page anymore on android chrome. I have to navigate further into the site before it lets me. I also get a dozen redirects to competition spam pages still every once in a while, even with a new bookmark, before it lets me in.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WEqASba

Comment

I have never used "Android Chrome".
      I use chrome on PC all the time, I use an android phone but don't use Chrome on that - is this a tablet thing?
      Are all other browsers ok?

I assume you describe that you type in thesnookerforum.co.uk to start a search and you still get an issue?
      I assume you have cleared all history AND cache?
      Please give some more info and I will pass on to the techies.

Comment

Hi Dean

I'm on a laptop with Google Chrome this morning and every time I log in I get redirected to spam or my Norton Antivirus picks up a malicious attack.

I can log in via a lesser page but not by the direct website address or forum links.

If I log via Firefox it is fine.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Well if your link takes you to elsewhere then I am not surprised your Norton AV kicks off. That is those sites not specifically TSF
          can you paste the link you use (as plain text) here
          is it a saved link?

"lesser page" - can you explain this term?

ta

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Well if your link takes you to elsewhere then I am not surprised your Norton AV kicks off. That is those sites not specifically TSF
            can you paste the link you use (as plain text) here
            is it a saved link?

"lesser page" - can you explain this term?

ta
            Exactly (regarding the link). I guess the question is how and why.

Generally I use the direct link: "https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/board/forum" or the forum link of "https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/board/forum" so nothing special; they are both clicked on from the Google search.

When you type, "The Snooker Forum" into the internet the main website link will generally have half a dozen other links chosen from that website available to click that offer you different sections e.g. Cues, Coaching Questions; If I click on one of these lesser links then I generally don't have any issues.

It has been this way for a very long time and in the past I have given up many times trying t gain access; at a guess, I reckon a couple of years which is one of the main reasons I just stopped coming in as I just couldn't get access.

I'm not a technophobe and have completed around 20 or so websites so occasionally get hacked as my security pluggins are out of date or other reasons so I guess the snooker forum has just been a target for a while?

Hopefully this was reasonably clear.

Comment

if I Google search for "The Snooker Forum" I get issues with other sites.
              If I type directly in the Address bar (not search engine but field at top of the browser window) "thesnookerforum", press return, I get correct site.
              this I save as favourite, no problems from then on.

Information sent to techies
              Last edited by DeanH; 10 May 2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

If I type directly in the Address bar (not search engine but field at top of the browser window) "thesnookerforum", press return, I get correct site.

It's an interesting one Dean as I used it from my favourites for years until this problem cropped up; from there I started just using the search. Go figure!

Comment

Please let me know if e-mail notifications are working.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                    Please let me know if e-mail notifications are working.
                    not at the moment, I have been asking, it seems to pop on and then disappears again

Comment

Thanks Dean.

Comment

That can't be helping with traffic to the site, no wonder it's quiet.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

That can't be helping with traffic to the site, no wonder it's quiet.
                          exactly
                          And I don't know what can be down about them.

Comment

Hacked possibly!

https://support.google.com/webmaster.../4643174?hl=en

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              Yes precisely, it all happened when the vBulletin platform was hacked and brought down last year.
                              Everything has been topsyturvy since and most fixes have been up to vBulletin themselves and not in the control of TSF

Comment

Working...
                              X