X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English-Billiards Open Series

ENGLISH-BILLIARDS OPEN SERIES

PRESS RELEASE

The English-Billiards Open Series (EBOS) is an exciting new venture created from the European Classic Series (EBCS) of 2005/6. The catalyst for this series was a simple challenge match set up between Phillip Welham and Andrew Grice for the West Norfolk League versus the Vienna League. This challenge match spawned two new tournaments - The European Classic in Kings Lynn, and the Austrian Open in Vienna. With the adoption of two established open tournaments in Cambridge and Sherringham, the EBCS snowballed into a trial European Series of 4 events, culminating in a fantastic finale in Vienna during May 2006.

The overall series winner was Roxton Chapman, who has been instrumental in setting up a more formal tour - to be known as the English-Billiards Open Series.

Entry to this series is via a one off payment of £200, payable in advance and covering all 5 events. The EBOS is open to any billiards player in the world, but is limited to the first 32 subscribers, first come first served.

Prize money at each event is a guaranteed £1000, with the remainder of the prize money (£5000 for a full series) allocated to the ranking list at the end of the season.

The format will be round robin, 8 groups, playing 45 minute matches with the top 2 from each group progressing to the last 16. The last 16 onwards will be knockout, 90 minute matches.

Each event will be played over a weekend.
    The dates are:
    26/27 August - Kings Lynn
    28/29 October - Cambridge
    27/28 January - Newmarket
    24/25 March - Carlow
    26/27 May - Vienna

Closing date for entries is Monday 21st August.

All correspondence & entries should be sent to:
    Roxton Chapman, 10 Morgan Close, Yaxley, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE7 3GE. England
    Email: roxtonuk at yahoo dot co dot uk
    Phone: +44 (0)1733 245339 or +44 (0)7795 086685

Anyone who is interested, and hasn’t already received an entry pack, please let me know by PM and I’ll get one to you asap.
    sigpic
    www.world-billiards.com

EBOS News 13/10/06

The second event of the recently formed ENGLISH-BILLIARDS OPEN SERIES takes place at Cambridge Snooker Centre on the 28th and 29th October. At the first event in Kings Lynn Chris Shutt defeated Roxton Chapman in the final.

The series has recently been boosted by the entry of current World Champion Geet Sethi from India, who will be making the trip for the remaining 4 events. The Cambridge event will have a particularly international feel to it with players from India, Ireland, Thailand, Australia, Austria and England taking part.

An impressive field for the forthcoming event already boasts current World Champion Geet Sethi, former World Champion Chris Shutt, former UK Professional Champion Roxton Chapman, former World Amateur Champion Rom Surin, former English Amateur Champions Matthew Sutton, Paul Bennett & Phillip Welham, current CIU and Masters Champion Billy Bousfield, Austrian Champion Michael Kreuziger and Current English Junior No1 Stevie Kerr, as well as many other leading International players.

Play starts at 11am on the Saturday with the Round-Robin qualifying matches, followed by the Knockout stage on Saturday evening and all day Sunday. Spectators are welcome and admission is free.

There are still spaces available for this series, both full series subscriptions at £200, and one-off 'wildcard' spots which are available on a limited basis for each event and cost £25. Wildcard places are designed to give players a taste of this new series without committing to all events. However wildcards are not seeded and are only eligible for prize money for the event in which they are taking part, and not the prize money allocated to the overall ranking list.

If anyone is still interested in taking part in this exiting new series, please contact Roxton Chapman roxtonuk@yahoo.co.uk as soon as possible to reserve your place.
    sigpic
    www.world-billiards.com

Comment

Interesting, thanks Phil. I've never seen billiards played properly before, so I might well go over to watch, particularly if you'll also be showing the snooker Grand Prix on the TV . No danger of me participating though I don't think .

Does the CSC plan to host the women's snooker championship again this season?

Comment

Yep, the GP will be on the TV!
        And yes, the ladies is booked in for the 1st week in April.
        sigpic
        www.world-billiards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by LuckyPhil
          Austrian Champion Michael Kreuziger
          Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Michi lost in the Austrian Championship to Werner Rieschl???

Mind you, I still think that Michi is better.

Comment

Wow! I didnt know Geet Sethi was playing here? Well Good Luck to him. I hope the others do well too!!
            Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by austrian_girl
              Mind you, I still think that Michi is better.

then again, you like skaterboy, so we can throw that other opinion out with the rubbish. joking!

Comment

English Billiards is such a noble game and, a game of great artistry. Snooker by comparison (according to the great Willie Smith), is a crude game. I want to see more billiards.

Comment

Working...
                X