World Professional Billiards Championship 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Professional Billiards Championship 2010

The World Professional Billiards Championship 2010 is currently taking place at the Northern Snooker Centre in Leeds. If you are in Leeds or nearby, go and watch! Admission is FREE. You can learn a lot from the wonderful game of billiards.

News and results can be found on www.worldsnooker.com (occasionally) and for regular updates visit http://cuesportsindia.com/global/201...pbilliards.htm and http://e-bos.net

I challenge anybody to go to watch the billiards at Leeds and not learn something which can be applied to snooker, and you may go in for a few minutes and find you've been there for two hours! A wonderful opportunity to watch the world's best players for FREE.

bongo

My guess is Mike Russell will win....

Noticed Chris Shutt isn't playing!! Has he stopped playing?
    (not followed billiards for a while)
    Highest Break
    Practice: 136 (2005)
    Match: 134 (2006)
    In 2011: 94
    Centuries made: 50+

Comment

Originally Posted by thinsy View Post
      I agree. Even if a player were to beat him [in say the round robin stages]... Russell would still progress to the KO stages while the players who *might* have beaten him are packing their bags.

Class always rises to the top.

Comment

yeah why is chris shutt not playing

Comment

Shutty hasn't played since 2008.
          Put his cue in a corner.

Comment

He no longer plays billiards. He, like several other players, is disillusioned with the state of the "professional" game (one competition a year) and he has stopped playing altogether.

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
              He no longer plays billiards. He, like several other players, is disillusioned with the state of the "professional" game (one competition a year) and he has stopped playing altogether.
              A real shame. Had a terrific talent and very exciting to watch. The sort of player the game needs.

Comment

Originally Posted by thinsy View Post
                Yes, you were right!

Details: http://e-bos.net/Results_2010%20WPBC.htm

Comment

I guess something should be done about the professional sport of billiards as it is a very beautiful game and has a long history. Billiards used to be really big in India in the 90's when the world championships were held in india for 10 years. But when there came a ban on cigarette companies(ITC) to sponsor a sports event in India the senerio changed. Till today English billiards is more popular than snooker in India.

Comment

Meant to make the short distance down the road to go watch it but was playing in a snooker tournament elswhere at the time, would have been nice to see such legends as Russell, Sethi (lost by 1 point in the semis ouch!) and Gilchrist.

I dont play the game much myself, but i agree, it should be protected better, its the father of cue sports and still the best teacher of cue-ball controll around. When you consider the winner of the world yo-yo championships probably gets more money and recognition than Mike Russell, you know there are problems!

Comment

For those interested I've just discovered some videos from the IBSF Championship held in August. Visit http://video.englishbilliards.at/ibsf2010

Comment

watched chris shutt do exhibition at lincoln rileys, o to have his talent and flare.

Comment

A two DVD set of the World final is now available! Visit englishBilliards.org DVDs of the semi-finals will be released in due course.

Comment

Originally Posted by epons300 View Post
                            watched chris shutt do exhibition at lincoln rileys, o to have his talent and flare.
                            Unfortunately, Chris Shutt has stopped playing the game. Sad, isn't it?

Comment

yes very sad, i play sometimes in the EBOS.I once marked Mike Russel on a 478 break at bradford.The thing i dont get is he scored the break in a way it looked so easy , lol why cant i do that . he then got a 700 odd break in his next match.

We have Bernhard French in boston i he played last year in the worlds but failed to do well.

Comment

Working...
                              X