Three Cushion televised this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Cushion televised this weekend!

3-Cushion billiards being shown on Eurosport 2 from Thursday to Sunday this weekend. A good way to get yourself in the mood for the China Open.

Three Cushion televised this weekend!

May have to have a look

Comment

cool, I caught some last year (competition in France) and it was fascinating to watch.
      thanks for the heads up
      Last edited by DeanH; 20 March 2012, 08:29 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I watched alittle 3 Cushion Billiards Last week on eurosport cant remember which tourny that was really interesting thou.

Gaz.

Comment

Great news.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Will be watching some of this for sure.

Comment

I gotta find a stream then. That game is fascinating to watch. I can never predict what they're trying to do until they do it. And then it's AHA!

Comment

Must be difficult when the world record is only 28 on a single run . . Great to watch, and must be done on nappless cloth
                judging by the speed of the cloth.

Looking on Wikipedia at Russian Billiards last week, which must be on par for difficulty.

Says the corner pockets are only 4-5mm larger than the balls !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Don't know much about it myself, other than what the rules are. I wouldn't be able to tell you who the big names are, or anything. And didn't know 28 was the world record.

When I watch it I enjoy it though. I plan to catch some over the next few days though.

Comment

As opposed to stun and screw, you need less than half ball contact on virtually every shot, making strategy the exact opposite of snooker.

Their strokes are totally different too.

Comment

Never watched Billiards lol.. Gonna check it out.

Comment

Mark Wildman erstwhile Chairman of WPBSA is a fine exponent of the hugely skilful game and has won events in Spain since his retirement/ David Hendaon the commentator was assisted by the player who holds the Brirish record break which I think is about 12 !!!. The tables are heated and use a bigger ball on Simonis speed cloth. Its well worth a look.

Comment

Saw the match last night, going to give it a try.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jake O'Sullivan View Post
                            Never watched Billiards lol.. Gonna check it out.
                            Jake this is not English billiards it is trois bande carom. To see great English billiards go wwwenglishbilliards.org Carom is played all over Europe and Asia.

Comment

Jaspers came out really switched on, but the change in Horn after the 1st interval was amazing.
                              Those 1 or 2 cushion shots before they hit the 1st ball were amazing . .

Comment

Working...
                              X