Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• franksandellsnooker
    replied
    Great to see reference to English billiards so promptly reported on here. Thank you. F.

Leave a comment:

• David Causier wins EBOS Austrian Open 2012 [Vienna, March 24-25]

David Causier wins EBOS Austrian Open 2012 in Vienna

VIENNA, March 25, 2012 – David Causier earned yet another tournament victory at the EBOS Austrian Open 2012 in Vienna. Causier defeated fellow Englishman Rob Hall by 847-267 in the final.

It was Causier’s fourth victory at the fifth EBOS event of the season. “I have been playing really well over the last two days,” Causier said. “Though it was not as easy as the result might look like.”

Hall had a 56 to take an early 66-50 lead, but could not put pressure on Causier afterward. Causier racked up series of 190, 91 and 202 to build an insurmountable lead.

“I still didn’t take anything for granted until the closing minutes,” Causier said. “Rob could have had a substantial break as well. If it wasn’t me but him who had that 200, things could have been different.”

Earlier in the day, Causier produced a remarkable 708 break in his round-of-16 match against Dutchman Martin van Rhee, easily the highest break of the weekend. Causier went on to beat Werner Rieschl – the first ever Austrian to reach the quarterfinals at an EBOS event – and John Hartley in the semifinals, while Hall saw off European Open champion Billy Bousfield in the other semifinal.
Working...
X