problems at billiards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems at billiards

I'm really not a great billiard player but I'm decent. I can do runs every so often on an easy table, never a pro table. I play this very small "tournament" if that's what you want to call it with just a few people. I play this every Wednesday and I've won 17 out of 20. heres my problem: I play some pretty weak players and usually win but I play my worse game when I'm there. I miss shots that I would never miss, bad leaves, etc. I get really nervous when I'm shooting and mess up quite a bit. I tend to over analyze it and don't go according to feel and touch as much as I normally do. I can't seem to break past this. It's not just these games, it's any money game as well. Any ideas or experiences, suggestions, whatever would help.

Just try not to make it more important than it is. Do a set routine, chalk your cue, stand behind the line. And don't try to do the same thing physically but also mentally as well. Imagine each shot, and prepare yourself. Do not take too long on your shot, just do your shots at a good pace. Do not rush but do not take ages to play!

This information is probably not going to make you go WOW! What great help as some bits of information can but if you practise it hopefully it will become a habit to do the same routine on every shot, even in practise.

Well, its taken nearly a year for a reply. Sorry on behalf of all TSF members!, if you've not already given up on us, have a good day!

This information also is good help for Snooker, Pool Carom and any other Cue Sport really.

Comment

is this thread referring to three ball billiards?

Comment

I am sure that it is, it is in the English Billiards section.

Comment

Working...
        X