World Billiards Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Billiards Final

the last 2.5hr session of the final has just started with Pankaj Advani over 300pts clear of Mike Russell and on a break, live streaming on World Billiards.
    Last edited by sberry; 28 October 2012, 03:04 PM.

so thats why Pankaj Pulled out
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Over 450 ahead now and some good safety play forcing Russell to go for risky shots to try and get a break started making it more likely he could be left on - certainly justified his decision to withdraw from the International snooker in China, if he wins the final it would be madness for World Snooker to sanction him for having to choose between two competitions they couldn't make it possible to play in both.
      Last edited by sberry; 28 October 2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
        so thats why Pankaj Pulled out
        Yep, all they had to do was move his first match in China back a day and he could have made it, his improved form in snooker is helping his billiards and he looks like regaining his world title, crazy for the governing bodies to not try to showcase their big events and champions.

Comment

When was the last time the current World Billiards champion was competing on the pro-circuit?

Rex Williams?

Comment

I'm thinking Geet Sethi in the 90s but could be wrong, I'll check.

Comment

Lead over 600 now and Pankaj can afford to take his time which is running out for Russell and making him play more openly and quicker than he might like - will take a huge break from Russell to get back into this now.

Comment

winning the world billiards title isnt good for his chances of winning the world snooker championship in his career only the davis brothers have done that double
                Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

However, he is the only person to have won the world amateur billiards and snooker titles. If he gets to the crucible he only has to win a handful of matches and with no clear leader in the game now and the way results are going in major ranking tourneys, you get the feeling anyone making the L16 could win them.

Comment

Russell on that big break now and has just passed 200 and has top of the table, lead reduced to 400, this may be his last chance.

Comment

He missed, maybe it was the baby crying in the audience, the sound of the fruit machines or the phone ringing at the bar, you don't get that at the crucible

Comment

i dont know why im commenting on a cue sport i dont get and find boring

Comment

Advani wins 1895-1216.

Comment

Anybody know where I could get DVDs of this match of any of the other matches in this years Worlds.

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                              i dont know why im commenting on a cue sport i dont get and find boring
                              You find it boring because you don't get it and you don't get it because you have not
                              bothered to find out about it.
                              Billiards takes a lot of effort to understand which is it's charm.
                              It is the king of cue sports but only for those with an enquiring mind.

Roy Bacon
                              Last edited by roykay; 8 November 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X