Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magic Of Billiards - Murt O'Donoghue

Hi TSF,

I found this video and thought it may be of interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhe18WClo6M

Murt O'Donoghue was the first player (back in 1934) to ever make a 147 in snooker (in Griffiths, NSW, Australia).

Not Joe Davis as commonly thought.

Enjoy!

: )
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

I had the great pleasure of meeting Murt back in 1976 and being coached by him. Murt was as the video shows a very knowledgeable cueist. I saw the certificate he was awarded for achieving a 147 in snooker and a 1000 break in billiards first hand when I visited him at home in Memorial Drive, Liverpool,NSW.
    My greatest memory of Murt is that he would get as much pleasure as I would when I would achieve the results he was looking for in the lessons.
    The memory I have of Murts lovely wife Grace were the fantastic scones she would serve up after the lessons.

Comment

Originally Posted by davipp View Post
      I had the great pleasure of meeting Murt back in 1976 and being coached by him. Murt was as the video shows a very knowledgeable cueist. I saw the certificate he was awarded for achieving a 147 in snooker and a 1000 break in billiards first hand when I visited him at home in Memorial Drive, Liverpool,NSW.
      My greatest memory of Murt is that he would get as much pleasure as I would when I would achieve the results he was looking for in the lessons.
      The memory I have of Murts lovely wife Grace were the fantastic scones she would serve up after the lessons.
      Sounds good to me. Did you learn snooker or billiards from Murt?
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Really it was the basics of the game, stance & cueing I was being coached in. Murt did say that he would have me making 50 breaks at snooker in 3 weeks. I remember making my first 50 break 3 weeks later.

Comment

Originally Posted by davipp View Post
          Really it was the basics of the game, stance & cueing I was being coached in. Murt did say that he would have me making 50 breaks at snooker in 3 weeks. I remember making my first 50 break 3 weeks later.
          Geez, sounds good to me.

Comment

What a nice write up Davipp
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X