3 cushion billiards tonight on Eurosport 2 HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 cushion billiards tonight on Eurosport 2 HD

Just got in and noticed that the Agipi Masters 3 cushion billiards is on Eurosport2 HD at 6pm tonight ( Thursday ).

Not sure if it's a repeat, or the next round, but it's also on, on Friday at 4:30pm.

It still wrecks my head, the speed of the cloths on these heated tables, not to mention

the skill of the players. . Bring it on . . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most top professionals make their chosen sport look easy.

It doesn't matter who's playing - 3 cushion looks RIDICULOUSLY difficult!! :snooker:

Comment

thanks for the warning, I have set a record for this arvo
      cheers

I do note that the World Carom is on Sep/Oct - three days of it I belive and will be on Eurosport
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I watched the coverage in amazement. "What's he aiming over there for....oh...I didn't see that one...." I've finally found a sport that is 99% skill.

Two questions I have though -

In one match when the second player was about to attempt his last innings to match his opponent's finishing score, instead of playing from where they lay, the ref 're-racked' them. Why?

This seemed very unfair, as from a standard break off the player could be expected to make the first point required relatively easily.

And I also wanted to know if there are any known carom billiard tables in the UK?

Bit of a long shot I know, but I'd love to try it, it looks great (maddening) fun.

Comment

Originally Posted by sixofclubs View Post
          And I also wanted to know if there are any known carom billiard tables in the UK?

Bit of a long shot I know, but I'd love to try it, it looks great (maddening) fun.

Try playing it on a snooker table. My mate and I who both played billiards a few years ago once tried it and I beat him 3-1 after an hours play.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            Try playing it on a snooker table. My mate and I who both played billiards a few years ago once tried it and I beat him 3-1 after an hours play.
            LOL, was that 3 breaks of 1 ? Difficult enough on a carom table, but would be a struggle on a 12' carom table . .

I'd love to try it, but don't think there's a table in UK ( never mind Scotland ).

might try it on a 9 ball pool table, that's about as close as you'd get , with napless cloth

( albeit not heated ), and similar size balls I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by sixofclubs View Post

There is a 3 cushion table in Harringey snooker hall on the Green Lanes, London. Played on it once, its strange cuz they have table heaters on it. recently had a new cloth too i think.

It took me and a friend who both play snooker once a week, 10 minutes before scoring a point in 3 cushion....

BLOOMIN hard!
              wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Next match of qualifying is on now ( 11 - 12 ) Eurosport2HD.

Wish they'd let me do a series link !!!

This wee guy Sanchez is making some suberb shots .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                Last edited by billabong; 7 March 2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

3 cushion billiards must be the most difficult of all the cue sports.

Comment

Watching on Eurosport again, and David Hendon (commentator) mentioned that the knockout phase will be on Eurosport 21-24 March
                    Also he just said that there are no tables in the UK, does anyone have a contact for him to put him right about the Harringey Club

Comment

Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
                      Most top professionals make their chosen sport look easy.

It doesn't matter who's playing - 3 cushion looks RIDICULOUSLY difficult!! :snooker:
                      I have never seen it, but I just found this video which may be of interest (Blomdahl vs. Reyes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm2vSjJkypY

Or this (Basic Shots of 3 Cushion Billiards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHZ_mrFJ_m4

WOW

: )
                      Last edited by mythman69; 8 March 2013, 11:54 PM. Reason: added video
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Im not sure about the contact numbers, could look on google at Harringey/Harringay snooker club, green lanes, london.

Ive been to that club maybe 50 times before and they deffinately have a 3-cushion table there because I played on it lol.

David Hendon is wrong...

although to be honest with you the club is turkish owned, and majority of people entering the club are turkish so not very many people know about that club. You get some really good 3 cushion players there sometimes.
                        wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

If you go on u-tube look up sang lee on 3 cushion billiards.
                          He is an amazing guy.

Comment

Originally Posted by audiandy View Post
                            If you go on u-tube look up sang lee on 3 cushion billiards.
                            He is an amazing guy.
                            I think they're all amazing.

I see Effren is quite handy at it too ( is there any cuesport he's not proficcient at ) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOFRRv7axs

( sorry mythman, just noticed same link )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Last edited by billabong; 11 March 2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

well the quarter finals were on early this morning, managed to remember and get the Sky+ records set
                              The schedule for the rest is:
                              British EuroSport2
                              Semi-finals - Sunday 24th 00:30 & 04:00
                              Final - Monday 25th 00:30 & 04:45
                              (and repeated I think) Tuesday 26th 02:00 & Thursday 4th April 00:00

On Eurosport2 International are showing the same as above (1hr difference) but they are showing it Live as well:
                              Semi-finals - Saturday 23rd 18:00 & 21:00
                              Final - Sunday 24th 21:00

Comment

Working...
                              X