Bob Marshall - Top of the Table billiards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Marshall - Top of the Table billiards

I just found this great video of the Australian World Amateur Billiards Champion (1936, 1938, 1951 and 1962) explaining top of the table play. Well worth a watch! He also won the Australian title 21 times. The last time when he was 76 years old.

His best break was 1,056 which he made in practice in 49 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvxMr-qeOTM

: )

Enjoy!
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Lovely to watch - such a master. He also reached the World Amateur final aged 76 didn't he? There's some nice footage available of him doing some demonstrations and trick shots with England's Kingsley Kennerley in the late 30's.

Comment

"In 1985 he won the Australian title at the age of 76. This success encouraged him to travel to New Delhi, India for an attempt at his fifth world title where he won all matches except the final which was taken by rising Indian champion Geet Sethi. The following year he won the Australian title again, his 21st, and retired shortly afterwards: 50 years after his first Australian title win."

WIKI
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
      X