Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billiards - how to play

The basics http://www.britishpathe.com/video/bi...uery/billiards

A couple of lessons from Lindrum http://www.britishpathe.com/video/st...uery/billiards & http://www.britishpathe.com/video/wa...uery/billiards

He's a legend, if he was still here he would beat anyone.

Comment

I like the way he switches from left to right handed shots during the break .

He just makes it look so easy.

Just started his bio ( got it eventually ), so looking forward to learning more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

"Although a Hundred break is just like a miscue to Walter" . . .

Yes, Walter Lindrum is a true "Wizard of the cue".

Lindrum: That's how to make a hundred break.

I see Walter, and how do you make a thousand break?

Lindrum: Just make nine more hundred breaks.

He makes it look so easy.

: )
        Last edited by mythman69; 22 May 2013, 01:44 AM.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Nice link shared above. Liked watching the video. Thanks for sharing!

mcdermott cues
          Last edited by holyman1; 7 August 2013, 07:19 AM.
          pool cue| pool cue cases| billiard balls

Comment

thanks for the links sberry ... interesting that Walter says he uses a "flower" grip - just the pads (very ends) of his first two fingers and thumb ...

I tried it tonight down the pub on a UK 8ball pool table and was surprised by the results - very easy to get lots of spin on the cueball although a little bit harder to keep the cue straight during delivery (probably need to practice it more) but overall very good ... even broke off with it OK ...

Comment

You can get a lovely soft touch with that grip. Suppose it was ideal for the delicate close in nursery canons they played. Haven't looked at this video yet but I know in one Walter said that for playing a heavy forcing stroke he takes a grip hold of the cue with all the hand giving him more power behind the cue to make a screw shot.

Comment

Walter was originally a right hander but he lost the top of his index finger in a washing mangle when he was young so his father, Fred Snr made Walter change hands to play. Walter was a verydedicated player and put many hours in to becoming the player he was.
                Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                I like the way he switches from left to right handed shots during the break .

He just makes it look so easy.

Just started his bio ( got it eventually ), so looking forward to learning more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                X