Spotted Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted Balls

Are there any differences in shot making you have encountered using the new spotted billiard balls?

no

(and why do I have to post more than 10 characters???)

Comment

Errrm........

Comment

The new balls are great.
        Every player/League i know who use them love them !

Comment

I can't stand the pro cup balls for pool.

I don't care what anyone tells me nor how long I play with them, I swear the white just doesn't come off the same as with the previous set of pool balls...

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            I can't stand the pro cup balls for pool.

I don't care what anyone tells me nor how long I play with them, I swear the white just doesn't come off the same as with the previous set of pool balls...
            It is totally different playing pool with these balls: they really do react very differently. I struggle to get much top spin from the cue ball, but otherwise seem to be ok on the few occasions I used them.

Comment

In my words to my Interleague captain "They react wrong"

I play a lot of snooker, I like to thing to a decent standard, so when I go onto the pool table I usually have the white on a shoe string...

But with those balls, forget about it. The side and spin just does not generate the same way. They encourage you to stab the ball to get the required action.

A backwards step for pool in my opinion.

Comment

Talk of them coming in our league next year, not for me I'm afraid ,I'm a bit of a traditionalist, I can't see the point of them in billiards, keeping track of your ball is part of the game IMO.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I do like them for practice - and I like them as spectator. it was quite revealing how my expectations differed to the way the top players played certain shots. some with a lot more side, some with quite a bit less than I used to play them.

Comment

The pro cup balls are certainly the way forward for pool. In my opinion they are much better than a normal set of balls

Comment

My pool team played with a spotted white last season, I actually liked being able to see the reaction on the ball, it did seem slightly heavier so the angle was wider but given the choice of a spotted white or plain id choose the spotted. The balls were normal and had a spotted white they wernt the pro cup with darker reds and striped black

Comment

Id like to buy the Super pro cup balls for my pub team but the cheapest i can find them brand new is £80 which i personally find a bit ridiculous.
                        Any one know if they sell them cheaper than £80 anywhere?
                        "Practice Makes Perfect"
                        "He Who Endures Conquers"
                        "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

South West Snooker Academy were selling them for £70 I believe. In fact, just checked and they are £72 now: http://www.swsashop.com/

Those going to Great Yarmouth were able to pick them up for £60 I believe, but that seems to be some special deal. Talking to SWSA they couldn't even buy them in for that price!

Comment

Originally Posted by SnkrRef View Post
                            South West Snooker Academy were selling them for £70 I believe. In fact, just checked and they are £72 now: http://www.swsashop.com/

Those going to Great Yarmouth were able to pick them up for £60 I believe, but that seems to be some special deal. Talking to SWSA they couldn't even buy them in for that price!
                            Cheers pal ill try getting some of my team mates to chip in aswell.
                            "Practice Makes Perfect"
                            "He Who Endures Conquers"
                            "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

Had to play with the spotty balls tonight, don't know what the weight of them are but they felt much better than the club snooker balls, might be because they are round, didn't get one kick off them. Didn't like the spots or the fact you have a yellow white, a white and a red, glad it's last game of season next week, hopefully they might think again over the summer. Does anyone know what they are, as in premier, or TCs etc
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X