Billiard Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billiard Golf

"An interesting variant for the man who spends much time in knocking the balls about in practice on a billiard table is billiard golf. This is played by placing the red ball on the centre spot and then, starting with the white ball in the "D" potting the red ball in every one of the six pockets in order. It provides admirable practice both in potting and getting position. For the ordinary player ten to twelve shots for the six pockets is a good average, but many players can boast of having done the complete round of the table in six strokes."

(p.59 The Billiard Year Book 1910).

Anyone had a go at this?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Billiard Golf

sounds like it could be abit of fun

Comment

Also cricket

I have played Cricket also on Snooker Table
      the person bowling has to pot 11 reds
      the person batting has to pot colours to each value ie pink is 6 runs
      they take turns not a bad game
      :snooker: only 146 to go

Comment

Yes, we play that at the club. But we only have 10 wickets (not 11).

Good game for doubles.

We play a maximum of 3 pots of the same colour.

Plus the black (and pink) is only worth 6 runs.

Last edited by mythman69; 18 January 2014, 04:12 AM.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Golf, played by four players that know what they are doing, is the best game that can be played on a billiard table.

Comment

A lot of the old boys play this (golf) in the club I go to, makes for some amusement when people who should be trying to block other people end up trying to go for pots to win the game instead. Gonna be machete's drawn in that place at some point

Comment

Defo the game to play for an argument.

Comment

Yep we play it in our club 30min time limit good craic at times

Comment

I used to play in the Gartsherrie Club on a Monday. There was a guy called Davie McLoughlin who was making 70 breaks well into his 70s and was a master. Took the Money almost every week.

Comment

Working...
                  X