Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• italian main cue-sport:5 pins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pf75tOB4Xg

Thanks for the link. It's nice to see other billiard games like this.

Comment

At the follow link you can see another tipic italian billiard game is name is "boccette" and is played whithout cue http://youtube.com/watch?v=iJqmOtPHkXE sorry for nasty quality of video

Comment

Walter,
        did you know that 5 pins billiards also has a tradition in some East Germany districts? Interesting game which still is popular there (mainly Saxonia) in face of snooker, pool and carom. Last week the 5 pins kids played their first joint german championship together with the 3 others.

Comment

REALLY i don't know that.I know a nordic variation of 5 pins: http://www.tradgames.org.uk/games/Pin-Billiards.htm the most strong nations in this game are Italy Argentina Uruguay and some european country with many italian immigrants like belgium france etc.more info in english at the follow link: http://www.answers.com/topic/five-pins best regards

Comment

It´s not the same game that´s played in Denmark and Sweden. We are allowed to go directly into the pins and has 6 holes plaýing on a poollike table.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane
              It´s not the same game that´s played in Denmark and Sweden. We are allowed to go directly into the pins and has 6 holes plaýing on a poollike table.
              I know that.Also in italian 5 pins just in the middle '80es we played onto pocket table and was more intresting like on to carom table and more difficult

Comment

Boccette ??

Hi all,

Was going to post a new question here and I saw an answer that might describe what I was watching.

I was flicking through some freeSat channels yesterday and stumbled on a form of billiards games on RaiSport. Being that I don't speak the Italian language fluently enough to catch what the commentators were saying, I relied on watching the game to try and figure out the rules.

The game was played on a Carom/Billiard type table (no pockets, about the size of a US pool table).

Here are the highlights :

The game is played with no cues, so everything is ball in hand -l bouncing or sliding the ball along.
                There is one red skittle in the middle surrounded with 4/8 white skittles in a cross formation.
                There is a target blue ball, and each player has up to 3(??) of his own balls (red/yellow) to try and make contact with the blue.

Knocking over the red skittle gains 10 points, knocking over a white gains 2 points.

At the end of the game also, whoever has their balls closest to the blue gains some extra points as well - a bit like bowls.

Is this correct?
                Is this boccette ?

What are the full rules ?

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally Posted by Ian Davies
                  Hi all,

Was going to post a new question here and I saw an answer that might describe what I was watching.

I was flicking through some freeSat channels yesterday and stumbled on a form of billiards games on RaiSport. Being that I don't speak the Italian language fluently enough to catch what the commentators were saying, I relied on watching the game to try and figure out the rules.

The game was played on a Carom/Billiard type table (no pockets, about the size of a US pool table).

Here are the highlights :

The game is played with no cues, so everything is ball in hand -l bouncing or sliding the ball along.
                  There is one red skittle in the middle surrounded with 4/8 white skittles in a cross formation.
                  There is a target blue ball, and each player has up to 3(??) of his own balls (red/yellow) to try and make contact with the blue.

Knocking over the red skittle gains 10 points, knocking over a white gains 2 points.

At the end of the game also, whoever has their balls closest to the blue gains some extra points as well - a bit like bowls.

Is this correct?
                  Is this boccette ?

What are the full rules ?

Cheers

Ian
                  HI Ian...quite correct this is "boccette"(little bowls in english) only imprecision was the number of balls..4 each.summary of rules is difficult for my very poor english if you know a little bit of italian see that : http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boccette_%28biliardo%29

Comment

Working...
                  X