X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wazza180
    replied
    Originally Posted by sberry View Post
    he didn't play in the recent world championships as he was given a two year ban for drunken abuse and assaulting a competitor at an event in Egypt in the summer, he didn't play in the worlds the year before as he was given a one year ban for drunken abuse and assaulting a female official as he arrived at the venue, the year before that he was banned for being drunk and abusing officials at the event and threatening to insert someone's cue where it shouldn't go and posting offensive facebook stuff about people or something, it's all reported on world billiards sadly

arguably the greatest player of the modern game, but not where there's drink available

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...y-of-billiards

wonder if the next ban will be three or four years, he was going to coach in Malaysia this year if any forumites live there and fancy a go, so to speak
    I talked to mike the other night on FB private messaging as I built his website while he was still living in the UK. He is now settled in KL

he was telling me life is good there and there are something like 30 Snooker Clubs there (majority want to be coached Snooker), he is ok with coaching anything they want he said to me, he even went to Taihland to pick up 2 new cues (He has won 9 World titles with 9 different cues out of all his world titles he was telling me).. dont be suprised if you see him in the final of the next one.. he only practices for an hour now to keep his muscle memory the same but he is such a freak he will get into the next final.. weather he wins or not is up to him.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    hurlimans lager is otherwise called hooligans and stella artois lager is otherwise called wifebeater, due to the effects it has on those who consume it and cannot handle the strength of it and who should really only drink fosters shandy
    Ha ha ha, never heard of Hurliman's tho

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    hurlimans lager is otherwise called hooligans and stella artois lager is otherwise called wifebeater, due to the effects it has on those who consume it and cannot handle the strength of it and who should really only drink fosters shandy

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    hardly his fault they serve hooligans or wifebeater at billiards events
    Ehh don't get what you mean

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Is his middle name Jack?

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    hardly his fault they serve hooligans or wifebeater at billiards events

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Sounds like he needs a lifelong ban, the muppet

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    he didn't play in the recent world championships as he was given a two year ban for drunken abuse and assaulting a competitor at an event in Egypt in the summer, he didn't play in the worlds the year before as he was given a one year ban for drunken abuse and assaulting a female official as he arrived at the venue, the year before that he was banned for being drunk and abusing officials at the event and threatening to insert someone's cue where it shouldn't go and posting offensive facebook stuff about people or something, it's all reported on world billiards sadly

arguably the greatest player of the modern game, but not where there's drink available

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...y-of-billiards

wonder if the next ban will be three or four years, he was going to coach in Malaysia this year if any forumites live there and fancy a go, so to speak

Leave a comment:

• hotpot
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    Is he a bit temperamental then ?

More than ....

Leave a comment:

• adteh2206
    replied
    Originally Posted by Redphex View Post
    I also got the Englishbilliards.org DVDs from the 2010 World Championships. Excellent production, the match is commentated by Roxton Chapman and Martin Goodwill.
    You can order at http://www.englishbilliards.org/ebdvd1001 or contact Roger Morgan roger.morgan (at) englishbilliards.org
    thanks for the link! i'm also interested in videos of mike playing snooker if there's any. any suggestions? i know he played the lindrum masters in 1998.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    you'll need to find old videos as for the past few years he's most likely to be found fighting in the bar, when he's not suspended
    Is he a bit temperamental then ?

Leave a comment:

• Redphex
    replied
    I also got the Englishbilliards.org DVDs from the 2010 World Championships. Excellent production, the match is commentated by Roxton Chapman and Martin Goodwill.
    You can order at http://www.englishbilliards.org/ebdvd1001 or contact Roger Morgan roger.morgan (at) englishbilliards.org

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    you'll need to find old videos as for the past few years he's most likely to be found fighting in the bar, when he's not suspended

Leave a comment:

• Csmith
    replied
    I do not unfortunately. If you sign up as a member though, once you log in there is a "contact us" option that opens up.

Leave a comment:

• Csmith
    replied
    Try contacting the gentlemen at http://englishbilliards.org/ to see if they will still sell you a copy of the DVD. At the time they were also selling on demand discs of the event as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X