X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the lines on the table?

Never seen this before.

Billiard lines.jpg

Any idea what those lines are for on the billiard table?

Thanks!
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

That's a game called Balkline, a version of billiards, where the table is divided into "balk spaces" where only a certain number of points can be scored before a ball must leave the space. It was created to prevent excessive cannons against the cushion.

Comment

When I read the title I thought it was some 80s reference to Jimmy and Kirk. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        Never seen this before.

[ATTACH]17816[/ATTACH]

Any idea what those lines are for on the billiard table?

Thanks!
        as an aside, I have that trade card somewhere
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Is that guy in the photo really tall, or is that a short table? It appears to come up to just above his knees. Maybe its the angle.
          Last edited by chessking; 13 May 2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info chessking

Any idea who is in the photo?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by chessking View Post
              Is that guy in the photo really tall, or is that a short table? It appears to come up to just above his knees. Maybe its the angle.
              It´s played on a carom table that are lower. There are three disciplines they are called cadre 47/2, 71/1 and 71/2. It´s something about how the table is divided and how often you shall leave the squares. A few examples can be seen here
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUt09LAp1RU
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                It´s played on a carom table that are lower.
                what height are carom tables?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

between 750 and 800mm according to the material standards definition

Comment

Working...
                  X