red respoted on black or pink spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red respoted on black or pink spot?

i havnt played alot of billiards, but thought that the red was respoted on the black spot, (except after 2 pots then on pink)

then i played billiards on WSC 2005 on the x-box, the red was respoted on the pink spot every time... hm.

so which is the right one?

Originally Posted by isvia View Post
    i havnt played alot of billiards, but thought that the red was respoted on the black spot, (except after 2 pots then on pink)

then i played billiards on WSC 2005 on the x-box, the red was respoted on the pink spot every time... hm.

so which is the right one?
    The red is placed on the black spot twice, then the blue spot (NOT pink) once, then the sequence repeated.

However, if either spot is covered, it will go on the pink spot, and it will count either as one of the two black-spots or as the blue spot, whichever it should have been on.

That is all assuming that no other facet of each shot scores. If the red is potted and another score occurs in the same shot, the count goes back to the start with the two on the black spot etc.
    Last edited by The Statman; 25 December 2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Lest it be forgotten, snooker is a game played upon a billiard table. In this game, the black is placed on the billiard spot (usually abreviated to "the spot"), the pink goes on the pyramid spot, and the blue on the centre spot. Merry Christmas ..... now where are those mince pies?

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
        The red is placed on the black spot twice, then the blue spot (NOT pink) once, then the sequence repeated.

However, if either spot is covered, it will go on the pink spot, and it will count either as one of the two black-spots or as the blue spot, whichever it should have been on.

That is all assuming that no other facet of each shot scores. If the red is potted and another score occurs in the same shot, the count goes back to the start with the two on the black spot etc.
        However, if either spot is covered,

I wasn't aware of this ,can you just confirm this please Statman.On re-spotting the red for the third time,it goes on the pink spot if the black one is occupied,even if the blue is free?
        Thanks,T.

Comment

Originally Posted by cocked hat View Post
          However, if either spot is covered,

I wasn't aware of this ,can you just confirm this please Statman.On re-spotting the red for the third time,it goes on the pink spot if the black one is occupied,even if the blue is free?
          Thanks,T.
          No.

It should go on black - black - blue - etc.

It goes on the pink spot only if the one it should go on is free.

So if it's due to move up to the blue spot, only if the blue spot is free does it go on the pink spot.

(if both the correct spot AND the pink spot are free, it goes on the other of the three, so you could potentially have five re-spots to the same shot – but the pot from that postition, needed to get the 4th, would be very difficult indeed!)

Comment

re-spot

OK thanks for that,I'm thinking that I'll not be taking up billiard refereeing.

Comment

Originally Posted by cocked hat View Post
              OK thanks for that,I'm thinking that I'll not be taking up billiard refereeing.
              Yes, good idea NOT to be a billiards referee.

Did you know there's a limit of 75 consecutive shots containing only cannons, and 15 containing only pots; and the referee has to warn the player "SEVENTY CANNONS" and "TEN HAZARDS" respectively.

Just that bit puts me off!

Comment

It is very annoying that on the World Snooker Championship games, the Billiard rules are completly wrong. This then makes people go down their local club and play a wrong version of Billiards.

If you pot red when not on a spot, then it needs to be potted twice when upon its or a spot before going to a different spot, usually blue if balls do not obstruct it.

Red is only on its spot if placed there, not if it rolled onto it.

If the red rolled onto its spot and you potted it, it counts as 1 pot towards the next two off the spot (if you can continue your break).

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                  No.

It should go on black - black - blue - etc.

It goes on the pink spot only if the one it should go on is NOT free.

So if it's due to move up to the blue spot, only if the blue spot is NOT free does it go on the pink spot.

(if both the correct spot AND the pink spot are NOT free, it goes on the other of the three, so you could potentially have five re-spots to the same shot – but the pot from that postition, needed to get the 4th, would be very difficult indeed!)
                  Added appropriate "NOT"s :P

Comment

Absolutely right, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X