Best tips for pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tips for pool?

I just wondered what tip pool players think is the best for pool. I know its been asked before, but there seems to be more choice than ever now.
    I use a 8mm tip and have been using a kamui black tip, I think hard.
    Its coming to the end of its life and with so many tips out there i get confuddled on which to choose.
    Im a touch player, not a wham bam thank you barman type cueist.
    Id like a slightly more responsive tip and use pro cup balls, if that makes any difference.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

I personally like, for english pool, with a 8 to 8.5mm tip a ADR soft but i have used a MW Blackspin tip and ferrule in 8mm and that worked well also. The ADR soft is a great pool tip though. You can get some amazing action on the CB with that tip and a 8mm ferrule. Hope that helps

Comment

The Adr147 SS imo is the best for pool

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        The Adr147 SS imo is the best for pool
        +1 on that.

Super Soft for pool and Soft for snooker

It's a fantastic tip imho.
        Andi Mack

Comment

Basic difference: a hard-tip will transfer more power and offer more feedback, but they tend to be a little unforgiving; many players find soft tips give them a more predictable and delicate 'touch' around the table, and that they tend to be a bit more sympathetic to the occasional bit of bad cueing!

Tip choice never completely transforms a cue's action, rather it can fine tune the cue to your preference. Neither hard or soft tips will necessarily give you better response, but match a tip to your cue and your playing style and you'll naturally discover improved response from the combination (assuming tip shape is correct).

Should you own a stiff, powerful cue, a hard tip will make it even more aggressive (which is fine if that's how you want it) and a soft tip will rein it in a little. Similarly, a soft tip on a whippier cue will exaggerate the cue's soft characteristics, whereas a hard tip will increase its power and feedback.

If, like many of us pool players, you use an adapted snooker cue, it is likely to be a fast-taper, overly stiff cue that may benefit from a softer tip to discover a bit more control. If you're using a long taper 8mm custom made pool cue, it'll probably have a bit more flex in the shaft and you may find extra response from a hard tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by grey View Post
            Basic difference: a hard-tip will transfer more power and offer more feedback, but they tend to be a little unforgiving; many players find soft tips give them a more predictable and delicate 'touch' around the table, and that they tend to be a bit more sympathetic to the occasional bit of bad cueing!

Tip choice never completely transforms a cue's action, rather it can fine tune the cue to your preference. Neither hard or soft tips will necessarily give you better response, but match a tip to your cue and your playing style and you'll naturally discover improved response from the combination (assuming tip shape is correct).

Should you own a stiff, powerful cue, a hard tip will make it even more aggressive (which is fine if that's how you want it) and a soft tip will rein it in a little. Similarly, a soft tip on a whippier cue will exaggerate the cue's soft characteristics, whereas a hard tip will increase its power and feedback.

If, like many of us pool players, you use an adapted snooker cue, it is likely to be a fast-taper, overly stiff cue that may benefit from a softer tip to discover a bit more control. If you're using a long taper 8mm custom made pool cue, it'll probably have a bit more flex in the shaft and you may find extra response from a hard tip.
            That is an excellent analysis.

I changed my tip today, with a heavy heart. I'm a bit of a tip junky on my american pool cues, but have had the same one on my english pool cue for about 3 years, and absolutely loved it. It finally gave up the ghost the other night, after a thrashing of biblical proportions. It was an elk milk dud, pressed to within an inch of its life, and hard as rock. The CB was scared, and obeyed.

Have installed a used triangle milk dud i ripped off one of my american cues, but am thinking it'll take a while to harden. Will test drive tomorrow.

Hate new tip time.

Comment

Basically, I have seen many pool players using soft tip for the game. You can select 13mm pool cue tip that would be the best cue tip for billiards. You can also find some information online whether to select soft tip or hard tip for pool cue.

Comment

I use the century pro G1 tips. Soft tips but not too soft. Great for feel and cue ball control on the 7ft table. My top is 8.5mm, I buy the 10mm tips and trim them down. I have a separate cue for breaking which has almost an 11mm tip on it. I use a super hard tip on that

Comment

Working...
                X