2020 Sports Personality of The Year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Sports Personality of The Year.

I see Ronnie O’Sullivan is on the short list for this years award. Can’t see him winning. Gifted snooker player but not really a personality.

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    I see Ronnie O’Sullivan is on the short list for this years award. Can’t see him winning. Gifted snooker player but not really a personality.
    Do you think it would be good for snooker regardless of that?
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I think they should re name the sports personality programme ,as most that win have not much personality anyway ,Yes I think Ronnie should be in the running ,he may not have a good personality but he has presence .Lewis Shamilton is pretty much shoe horned in for it I reckon .Is it much of a big deal these days ,do many on here watch it .

Comment

Marcus Rashford might get the last nomination. Him and Lewis Hamilton both do quite a bit for their respective causes away from sport, and can't see someone like ROS beating either this year. He's got a distinct personality, unfortunately its being childish and self-involved. Whilst those might be prevalent traits in this country, I'm guessing the vote will go more 'right on' and optimistic being the season of goodwill and the end of a crappy year. Hope Ronnie gets it, he does entertain me, but it's not going to happen.

Comment

I don't know how snooker can be compared with say Tennis or Cricket or F1. What's your opinion?

Comment

the strange thing about spoty is a snooker player finished in the top three of voting about five or six times in the 80's , its interesting to look into how and why snooker has lowered in regard within the media and chattering classes over the last 40 years , is it simply a gentrification of sport thing like what happened in football and snooker for some reason bore the brunt of it i don't know .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
              the strange thing about spoty is a snooker player finished in the top three of voting about five or six times in the 80's , its interesting to look into how and why snooker has lowered in regard within the media and chattering classes over the last 40 years , is it simply a gentrification of sport thing like what happened in football and snooker for some reason bore the brunt of it i don't know .
              the BBC covered nearly all the vents back then, the grannies knitting away watched it religiously and put their 2nd class stamp on the cut-out of the Radio Times and snooker players got listed

many factors for the slump of snooker from the 90s to 2010 - BBC change of policy, tobacco advertising ban; incompetent board only interested in lining their own expense accounts and did not see what was really happening

do not hijack this topic

I think Hamilton has it in the bag; it would be good for snooker if ROS got 2nd/3rd

come on all, when voting lines open, vote ROS for the sake of our sport - at least!!!!
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

come on all, when voting lines open, vote ROS for the sake of our sport - at least!!!!
                I agree Dean, I dont really care about Rons, personality or whether he deserves it or not.... I do care about the sport and I know it would put it in the spotlight and help the regrowth further.

Things are getting slowly better in regards to snooker facilities, but it would be great to see more match tables and better standard club tables around my way and other parts of the country where tables haven't changed in 20 years. I'm sure this would at least help to raise popularity and allows club owners to afford upgrading facilities.

There will always be club owners who will line their own pockets and run, but genuine snooker clubs who want to survive will put money back into the facilities and this will promote healthy competition between different local clubs, to get you to join their club.

ROS will get my vote!
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I agree Dean, I dont really care about Rons, personality or whether he deserves it or not.... I do care about the sport and I know it would put in in the spotlight and help the regrowth further.

Things are getting slowly better in regards to snooker facilities, but it would be great to see more match tables and better standard club tables around my way and other parts of the country where tables haven't changed in 20 years. I'm sure this would at least help to raise popularity and allows club owners to afford upgrading facilities.

There will always be club owners who will line their own pockets and run, but genuine snooker clubs who want to survive will put money back into the facilities and this will promote healthy competition between different local clubs, to get you to join their club.

ROS will get my vote!
                  Great post CC and spot on.

All the Ronnie haters out there will no doubt shot him down as a candidate without a thought of the bigger picture .

He should be up for multiple nominations anyway considering he has more than one personality ...

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Great post CC and spot on.

All the Ronnie haters out there will no doubt shot him down as a candidate without a thought of the bigger picture .

He should be up for multiple nominations anyway considering he has more than one personality ...
                    Lol ,very true ,the guys a genius that’s for sure ,he gets my vote .

Comment

Steve Davis won it, and Hendry got runner up, so Ronnie definitely deserves to place. Definitely can't be the GOAT if he doesn't

Comment

Dont think SPOTY has anything to do with personality at all, it's the persons contribution to the sport he/she is involved in. Ronnie @ 44 winning world title must get a vote.
                        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                          Dont think SPOTY has anything to do with personality at all, it's the persons contribution to the sport he/she is involved in. Ronnie @ 44 winning world title must get a vote.
                          What does it stand for again John? No, i do agree really, cant say Hamilton's personality dazzles me!
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

What does it stand for again John? No, i do agree really, cant say Hamilton's personality dazzles me!
                            Isn't Jordan Henderson nominated? Hes not exactly effervescent.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Davis won it in the 80’s and his personality was so non existent that it became part of his personality

Comment

Working...
                              X