No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Mosley Live Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrera was a fantastic win out of nowhere for sure, Morales was very close to done by the time he fought Pac and by time of the two rematches he was slipping quickly. And of course Marquez gave him nightmares and for my money beat him both times. But yes, fair play to him for taking them all on- especially Marquez, who was in his prime and had been avoided by the other two.

Comment

Yeah for sure, Marquez was a leper that neither Barrera nor Morales wanted any part of so props to Pacquiao for taking the first fight (and then taking the dangerous rematch). There were even those rumours floating around that JMM was gay... not sure if they were planted or what but they were kind of used to excuse MAB and EM from being forced to face him.

Of course Floyd ran through Marquez so he should be favourite against Pac, not that boxing math always works.

Fun conversation. This might be a touchy subject but how do you feel about both Manny and Floyd's performances against Hatton? I was more impressed with Manny but it was obviously a much shorter fight than with Floyd. Did you think Ricky had the style to beat either of them?

Comment

I thought Hatton fought like an idiot vs Mayweather but he was never going to win. Against Pacquiao I thought he might have a chance if he could cope with the speed, but he fought like an absolute moron - there's a youtube clip somewhere from 24/7 where he's watching tapes of manny fight and saying "right hook, roll under, right hook roll under - let's give him somethin to roll onto". We know what happened next.

On the other hand, Hatton had looked dodgy vs LAzcano, so perhaps he was done. If he wasn't, he is now - especially after that punch. It's a shame really, but thanks to Frank Warren, Hatton;s best night was the Tszyu fight and he peaked for such a short time, having weasted 3 or 4 fights on the likes of Ray Oliveira.

Comment

Working...
        X