Thinking of Unclevit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of Unclevit

Having seeing the increasing unrest in Bangkok, i couldnt help thinking of our member Unclevit who is out fighting on the front line. Dont want to get political at all, (as i dont know if he's on the side of right or wrong) but it just kind of makes you think about life !

Having seeing the increasing unrest in Bangkok, i couldnt help thinking of our member Unclevit who is out fighting on the front line. Dont want to get political at all, (as i dont know if he's on the side of right or wrong) but it just kind of makes you think about life ![/QUOTE]

Hi, this is Kwan. Back to help him on all cue orders to Uncle Thai. Uncle Vit is busy helping the government's troops. Terrorist snipers are all over Bangkok. Buildings are burning everywhere, especially banks, government agencies, large shopping centres, business premises, and TV stations. More deaths are expecting tonight. Black-out is possible. Full army troopers are in Bangkok now, heavily armed. Uncle Thai is busy with all custom orders, as usual, but I am afraid that those scheduled to be finished this week until end of this month may have to delayed for another 2 weeks. Anyhow, all cues will have excellent shafts, not to worry. Just that Uncle Thai cannot go out and get woods for productions. "I wish political differences should end up through snooker tables, and not road battles" said Uncle Vit this morning before leaving to the firing zones.

Thanks for good wishes for Uncle Vit. He is working with army's sniper teams, so he is positioned some 200-300 metres away from the centre of infantry firings. This thing never happened after World War II here. For those who know him, please pray for him tonight and next. Our houses are loaded with guns. For those who know Siam Square, Central World, Part of Paragon Shopping Complex, and big buildings in Rajprasong areas, they are burnt almost down.

Thank you for all, and Hope things will be back to normal very soon. The news are just half of actuals.

Good night all. God bless Bangkok. Kwan
    Last edited by unclevit; 20 May 2010, 01:11 AM.
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

Yes good post JRC750 and yes it does put life into perspective . I too hope unclevit is safe and sound

Comment

Thankyou Kwan for all that information, glad Unclevit is well and will indeed say a prayer for him. Its just so difficult for us to imagine something like that happening and all the horrors it entails. God bless Bangkok

Comment

You have all our best wishes here unclevit.. Take care

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            Yes good post JRC750 and yes it does put life into perspective . I too hope unclevit is safe and sound
            Hotpot : Thank You very much. Kwan.
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Uncle Vit is still alright. I got his call about 15 minutes ago. Thank you all for well wishing emails Kwan
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                You have all our best wishes here unclevit.. Take care
                Freddie : Thank you very much. Kwan
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Curfew the next three days. To be fair, outside the places that are actually on fire or blocked off you wouldn't know anything was going on. I have a nice view of the Bangkok skyline and it was burning yesterday, but ten miles out of town life goes on as normal. Let's hope that normality becomes the norm.

Comment

Originally Posted by northerner View Post
                    Curfew the next three days. To be fair, outside the places that are actually on fire or blocked off you wouldn't know anything was going on. I have a nice view of the Bangkok skyline and it was burning yesterday, but ten miles out of town life goes on as normal. Let's hope that normality becomes the norm.
                    Yep, Northerner. Rangsit, Thonburi, and Bangna, for examples, are very quiet. I feel sorry for the Central World Complex, and other 40+ burnt down buildings/blocks. One of my aunties is working for a foreign embassy here, and she said "No go to shopping complexes these next few days". I have friends in Channel 3, and still the station cannot do broadcasting since yesterday's station on fire. Terrorists are still out there, a lot, with M79's. Uncle Vit said to me "The best safe places should be the snooker clubs which are everywhere in Bangkok!" (Kwan : The city is totally different from what I saw in the past 25 years) An old man with a sense of humor amidst bullets flying over his head. Tks for note, and take care. Kwan.
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

Wish him all the best. stay safe!
                      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Best wishes for a safe and speedy outcome.
                        sigpic

Comment

Heard that the protesters have been arrest and surrender, think it might be over soon.

Comment

this is a really nasty episode the city is going through... i sincerely hope that bangkok will return to its normalcy soon and for the people there to have peace again.

i used to visit bangkok and have developed an affection for the place... such a vibrant, colourful city... it saddens me whenever i see on the news what is happening to its people and landmarks there.

to unclevit, anyone and everyone there... take care and be safe!!!
                            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                              Heard that the protesters have been arrest and surrender, think it might be over soon.
                              Almost, but some of the red zone areas are not permitted to enter. Terrorist snipers are still hanging around. Uncle Vit said "Should take a week to gun them down". But 80% of the troubled areas are now back to normal (big cleaning/building) situations. Tks. Kwan
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                              X