Every photographers nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every photographers nightmare!

This camer and lens was dropped off of a cliff, it bounced on some rocks then fell into the sea.

Always wear your neck strap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200481236017

Camera list price - LINK
    Lens list price - LINK

Bet there was a few swear words mentioned - well over 11 grands worth ? OUCH

Comment

jesus i would have jumped off and bloody caught the damded thing.

Comment

Back when we had the qualifying school in Plymouth, must of been 1997 - 1998.
        I was having a chinese with my manager and he was getting cheesed off because my phone kept going off from messages I was getting. It bleeped and I saw on my phone low battery and my manager picked it up and chucked it out of the window!!!
        The thing is, we was right next to the sea! (the chinese was called the Wet Wok!) I said a few things to my manager that I can't repeat on here! lol. I was more gutted about the phone numbers I had on there and I lost them for good!
        We waited an hour an half till the tide went out and to my amazement we only found the phone in between the rocks and seaweed!!! lol
        My manager was going home the next morning so he gave me his phone and he got a new one when he got home.

Not as bad as your situation Ferret but I just thought I'd share a funny moment! lol

Ps. The guy is still my manager to this day! lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Ballrun View Post
          I was having a chinese with my manager and he was getting cheesed off because my phone kept going off from messages I was getting. It bleeped and I saw on my phone low battery and my manager picked it up and chucked it out of the window!!!
          The thing is, we was right next to the sea! (the chinese was called the Wet Wok!) I said a few things to my manager that I can't repeat on here! lol. I was more gutted about the phone numbers I had on there and I lost them for good!
          We waited an hour an half till the tide went out and to my amazement we only found the phone in between the rocks and seaweed!!! lol
          My manager was going home the next morning so he gave me his phone and he got a new one when he got home.

Not as bad as your situation Ferret but I just thought I'd share a funny moment! lol

Bit of a sweet and sour tale there Ballrun!

Comment

Ferret , Was it insured ? I do hope so .

We once chucked my mates wedding ring out of a wine bar and watched it get run over !

He was getting divorced at the time . Don't think it was that expensive though .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

when i moved into my new house about 3 years ago i threw my wedding ring away it was a cartier style ring paid £1000 from neil kays in wigan and my 3oz gold chain i must have left them in a pocket in my pants or top and threw them out. only realised about 4 months after over the years i have lost more rings and chains that soft mick none nowhere near the expense of those 2 though.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                when i moved into my new house about 3 years ago i threw my wedding ring away it was a cartier style ring paid £1000 from neil kays in wigan and my 3oz gold chain i must have left them in a pocket in my pants or top and threw them out. only realised about 4 months after over the years i have lost more rings and chains that soft mick none nowhere near the expense of those 2 though.

Havn't heard the term "soft mick" for a long time
                Plus how come it took you 4 months to realise you lost your wedding ring - surely the missus noticed you weren't wearing it ?

Comment

i have 2 well had 2 a plain gold 1 and the cartier style one which had diamonds all the way around plus it was in white gold so i didnt wear it that often and with moving i just didnt miss it until i couldnt find it. might not have got thrown away like i said but i am 90% sure thats what i did. i also left my omega watch in the labour club i always take it off when playing snooker and a mate brought it round for me the next day. did i learn no the week later i left it again and one of the cleaners found it and left it behind the bar but i am pretty sure if she new what it was worth i wouldnt have got it back so i sold it on ebay before i got the chance to do it again.

Comment

that camera and lens would get you into alot of events!!

i'd hate to see my camera like that.....

RIP camera and 400 MM

kevin......... hope your 400 MM wont end up like that via cat!
                    Photos from the masters 2011
                    http://irishphoto.photoshelter.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ballrun View Post

if it had been me i would have chucked him out of the window pretty quickly afterwards!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by irishsnooker View Post
                        that camera and lens would get you into alot of events!!

i'd hate to see my camera like that.....

RIP camera and 400 MM

kevin......... hope your 400 MM wont end up like that via cat!
                        Well one of my 400mm lens's did die horribly indirectly via the cat!

For those who did not know, I was carrying a new 100-400mm f/4.2 attached to a new Canon 50D down the stairs just before last Christmas and my cat decided to sit down at the top of the stairs which she never does usually, I tripped, dropped the camera and lens and watched them both smash as bumping on each step, finally resting in a head of smash components, reduced from £2,000 to 50p in seconds

Bloody Cat

Comment

was the cat OK?, I still feel sad when you tell me about your camera/lens
                          Photos from the masters 2011
                          http://irishphoto.photoshelter.com/

Comment

Ouch that gotta hurt, I almost dropped my camera and 70-200 off once when I released the quick release plate. Luckly the strap got cought on the tripod.
                            ---

Comment

Originally Posted by irishsnooker View Post
                              was the cat OK?, I still feel sad when you tell me about your camera/lens
                              Yeah the cat was ok just the lens and camera that died lol

I had only used that particular camera and lens twice. Never mind life goes on, I was going to get a 5D mk2 next week but decided to get another 50D and also a 550D instead and keep my 450D as a backup.

Still looking for a nicely priced 400mm L USM 1:2.8 if you hear of anybody selling one, Mark offered me his at The Crucible this year for £2k but I could not raise the cash in time, if someone offered me it again at that price I would rip their hand off. Closed price I have found is £3,400.00

Comment

Working...
                              X